Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BOURNE LEGACY

The wife and I really enjoyed it. We were engaged and riveted the entire film. It's not quite as polished as the 2 Greengrass films in terms of style and editing, and the plot isn't quite as compelling, but it's a very solid movie. I can understand why others may not like it , but fuck it...our theater (sold out) really liked it. Everyone around us as we walked out dug it.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dammit. Now I'll hesitate between that and Recall.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Much staked against this going in. Gilroy had to overcompensate for the lack of Damon. He can officially shut the fuck up about Liman and Greengrass screwing his Bourne scripts.

Renner had an intriguing character arc. One on par with Bourne's trilogy spanning (and universal) "Who am I? Why am I here?" But they forgot to add tension (like, say, establish Cross was slowly transforming back to a retard) and make you care about the guy.

Then there was the lack of action (These are action movies after all, Tony), no villain to Cross to have two hours' worth of narrative chasing him (One random guy shows up in the last 20 minutes using the "He's Treadstone without the inconsistency" line from the trailer - Uh, how? Show! Don't tell, Gilroy! You know better!) and the film just... ends.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The typical audience member does not have an easy 'in' to Renner's character. You kind of have to follow along for the first hour until he connects with Rachel Weisz (in the best sequence in the film, imho) until you develop an understanding as to why he CAN'T just walk away. Not enough time is spent on the his motivations (this needed more backstory, and I agree with Jamie that this is underdeveloped) but Rachel is very easy to connect with: her character is fucked over and she hits the right acting notes to make her very sympathetic. With her teamed up with Renner, it's easy to root for their success. As such, I had a reason to engage with the story.

As to the action, I was satisfied. Again, I was engaged in the story so the non-action sequences satisfied me.

The ending is kinda lacking, but it didn't kill my enjoyment.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Best shot of the movie: a long take where Renner runs up the side of Rache's house, enters through a top window, and continues the action scene. Phenomenal shot.

Comment

• I understand that this will be a polarizing film (and I totally understand WHY some people will hate it), but it went over well with my particular theater audience. On walking out while the credits were rolling, several people around us were raving, and one gal called it the best of the franchise. She's crazy about THAT statement imho, but yeah...very satisfied.

In truth, this should have been its own thing, divorced from the Bourne movies. It wouldn't have had the built in audience but it probably would have played better AND have had a real ending to it (instead of a pause).

Comment

• I Love You, Man. Still really enjoy this flick alot. Jason and Paul are fucking hilarious.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                  I Love You, Man. Still really enjoy this flick alot. Jason and Paul are fucking hilarious.
                  Slapa'da'bass'mon!

Comment

• Laters on the menjay, Joban.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• yesss
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Now I want to watch it again but it's not on Instant. WTF Netflix?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          Now I want to watch it again but it's not on Instant. WTF Netflix?
                          We've hit peak Netflix. Close to cancelling it and just using Amazon. Seems like identical offerings, I just need to research the Asian film selection on Amazon.

Comment

• The only reason I haven't cancelled Netflix is because of Arrested Development's eventual arrival.

I Love You, Man is a very boring movie. I just don't get the love for it here.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Neither do I.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Best shot of the movie: a long take where Renner runs up the side of Rache's house, enters through a top window, and continues the action scene. Phenomenal shot.
                                That was good (the CGI stood out). The scene at Weisz's house and Zeljko Ivanek taking everyone out at the lab were the only standout scenes.

Don't see how there is another with Renner/Weisz. Word of mouth is pretty bad. Imagine a Sean Connery/Diamonds Are Forever scenario in place, i.e. Damon/Greengrass get thrown so much money/control they come back and everything about Legacy gets wiped under the carpet.
                                Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 08-12-2012, 04:00 PM.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X