Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuck yeah they are.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• that chick is so fucking hawt.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• She's making some futuristic movie with Tom Cruise right now.

Comment

• Jokes about mail order beards abound.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 127 Hours

Excellent. I haven't watched Slumdog Millionaire since it came out, but from what I remember 127 Hours has a lot in common. Kinetic, hyper, intense as all get out.

Comment

• MUCH preferred 127 Hours. Slumdog got pretty stale in the second half. 127 Hours really surprised me.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I need to watch Slumdog again, but on first watch, yeah 127 Hours is much better. And FUCK hallucination Scooby Doo.

Comment

• Watched some very mediocre films and 2 really good ones recently.

Rampart and The Devil's Double are essentially both really average films with one close-to-great performance at the centre.

Rampart just didn't seem to really be about anything and I feel like I missed something, cos it just ended and I genuinely thought, 'Huh, that's it?' Harrelson's great, don't get me wrong - the whole cast's good. But Oren Moverman has done this to me twice now: put some good actors together in a loose narrative built around an interesting idea and then, a couple of powerful, emotional scenes aside, done very little with any of it. The first thirty minutes of The Messenger was amazing, but the rest... meh. Same goes here - there are good dramatic scenes dotted around, but overall its completely empty.

The Devil's Double is just too glossy. I mean, its a Lee Tamahori film after all. Cooper's doing his best (though this may be the limit of his capabilities, truth be told), but there's nothing whatsoever beyond 'Uday Hussein was a real piece of shit'. Catch it on TV, but only if there's nothing better on.

50/50 really surprised me. Incredibly charming and occasionally very funny, this is further proof that JGL can pretty much do it all. If you don't like Rogen, steer clear cos he's largely just playing a stoner that talks filth here, but I really liked this film in the same way that I really liked I Love You, Philip Morris - its essentially about subject matter than doesn't appeal to me as entertainment, but is shot through with great performances, a witty script and a shitload of charm. Wonderful little film.

World's Greatest Dad. Almost great. Its the first Bobcat Goldthwait-directed film I've seen and, while a little on the nose at times, I like the dark wit and the way it's handled. If anything, I wanted the film to go darker at times (I kinda feel he let us off the hook a bit by the end), but that's me judging it against my expectations. The film on its own is really good and proof that Robin Williams deserves better roles more often. Also, Alexie Gilmore sure is cute.

I also saw the first half of Take Shelter and, so far, it seems to be pretty much a masterpiece. The fucking blu-ray gave up at exactly the halfway mark (after Shannon's fit in bed), so I'm gonna try and get it going again tonight, cos I was really loving it up to that point.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    I also saw the first half of Take Shelter and, so far, it seems to be pretty much a masterpiece. The fucking blu-ray gave up at exactly the halfway mark (after Shannon's fit in bed), so I'm gonna try and get it going again tonight, cos I was really loving it up to that point.
                    Take a drink.

(It is very very good, and I hope you get to see it in its entirety, as the remainder of the running time is fantastic stuff)
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The thing's partially fucked. I can't see even a speck on the disc, but it won't play anything between the 60-70 minute mark and I don't want to carry on from there having missed those 10 minutes.

I'm taking the disc back and getting another copy, cos this seems right up my street so far.

Comment

• Definitely worth the exchange trip. Possibly two of them.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Do you mean its not a keeper?

Comment

• I wouldn't buy it, but it is definitely a fine film to mull over on a long weekend.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dylan Dog. What a wasted opportunity. I had no idea what the fuck the actual plot was, it should have been Tyrese instead of Taye, and we needed more Sam and Brandon and less of everything else. Also, it should have been 30 mins shorter.

Comment

• I wanna watch it, only for my man crush on Brandon Routh.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X