Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total masterpiece. It gets better with each rewatch.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also in the masterpiece wagon. The Bexhill firefight scene is powetful as well as technically awesome. And rewatching it as a father made me see how poigant the theme is. Ending it with the sounds of kids playing, a sound so common nowadays, fucking killed me.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Ok, now I feel dumb. I've never noticed that.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Nah, don't be. I noticed it the 3rd time I watched it. It happens just as the screen turns black, when the Tomorrow is about to pick up the Kee, right before the credits rolls in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Kids of Dudes.

An impromptu rewatch of the remarkable Cuaron film.

The main thing that stood out to me this time around was the incredible sound editing and mixing. The forest ambush was so fantastic, from the weaving in and out of The Kills song still playing to Theo's ringing ears, to the shattering glass, to the marauding hill people, I had not moved beyond the emotion of the scene before yesterday to really examine the mix. It is astounding.

Same goes for the more quiet or comparatively serene moments, like when Jasper tells Kee and Miriam about Theo and Julian's baby and his loss of faith versus chance (just the set up of it as an eavesdropped conversation lent itself to being a beautifully orchestrated scene, top to bottom), or the night of the delivery in Bexhill.

All around it is still an amazing film to behold.
            Yep. Still love this.
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Jesus Christ Anna Friel in London Boulevard.

Comment

• What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I still love this movie death. The crushing sense of small-town isolation has rarely been captured so well.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Di Caprio is the shit in that film.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Dicaprio's got a pretty good resume. Sure there's a clunker here or there but man he has put in some great work.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I never quite liked Di Caprio, thinking Grapes was a one-off and a freak accident.

That is, until Inception. Before that, he struck me as a teen trying too hard to impersonate a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I never quite liked Di Caprio, thinking Grapes was a one-off and a freak accident.

That is, until Inception. Before that, he struck me as a teen trying too hard to impersonate a man.
                        You're trying too hard Martin!

Comment

• Man, Blood Diamond and The Departed sure didn't help his case.

Comment

• But Blood Diamond did give us the immortal line "Where you come from it's bling bling, here it's bling bang."

COME ON
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Blood Diamond would have been 100x better if they had removed the DiCaprio character. Mind you, that line was indeed aces.

Comment

• It may have been better, but his arc was actually pretty good in the end.

I guess I just like Zwick's stuff more than most.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X