Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    Rob: please make this my new avatar.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh, well done, Matt. Well fuckin' done.

Josh, leave us not forget Finn's gams, too.

Oh, how I envied Kevin Bacon. Even though I would've reacted the exact same way.

Comment

• Yep and she rocked a mean granny panty if I recall correct.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Like goddamned bastards.

Comment

• I haven't seen Take Me Home Tonight, but since we're talking ladies -- Lucy Punch looks very cute on the poster. Would she be enough to get me through the flick? What about the soundtrack?
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• If Topher Grace can't get you through it then it might not be for you. He's pretty much front and center. For what it's worth I love it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Kiss of the Dragon

Hadn't seen it in years and remember thinking it was Jet Li's best American film. And it is. Tcheky Karyo is a GOD in this film and the fight choreography - that insane final baton fight especially - is fucking solid throughout. Bridget Fonda brings a hell of a lot of interesting choices to a pretty rote part too.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watched THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING on blu ray last night. It looks gorgeous but i have some issues with the audio mix. The volume level is inconsistent throughout, which my wife and i found to be frustrating.

The movie itself is, of course, a classic. Everyone is having a great deal of fun and it's nearly impossible to watch the film without a smile on your face. I don't rhink that Caine or Connery were ever better in their careers.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Watched THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING on blu ray last night. It looks gorgeous but i have some issues with the audio mix. The volume level is inconsistent throughout, which my wife and i found to be frustrating.

The movie itself is, of course, a classic. Everyone is having a great deal of fun and it's nearly impossible to watch the film without a smile on your face. I don't rhink that Caine or Connery were ever better in their careers.

The audio on that flick has always been an issue. However, I don't think we'll see it get much better. It would take Warner Brothers investing the money to do a fresh restoration which I don't see happening.

Hell, SONY is giving away BIG titles to other companies to handle. FOX and Universal are both pushing MOD. It's not terribly hot all around.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Synechdoche, New York.

Gonna watch it again (as I had viewed this much earlier in the month but hadn't the time nor words to actually comment beyond the monosyllabic), but I was very impressed by the overlapping worlds of the players and their surrogates, especially Noonan.

I enjoyed how it gently lulled me into the time jumps and how disturbing that actually is when one attempts to reflect on such things within themselves ("time flies" and all of the nonsense and regret that comes with such a thing "and before you know it, you're dead").

The unravelling and sort of sprawling world of PSH's Caden Cotard was simply amazing to me. Looking past his proclivity toward examining his declining health early on, it was the perfect blend of bizarre yet familiar conversations that one tends to have with themselves and thusly provides a fantastic fucking mirror for those willing to get introspective for a couple of hours.

Do not concern yourself too much with plot, as it is much more a collection of thoughts and memories more than some "save the rec center" claptrap most are used to being their main form of media consumption. It isn't a return to status quo, not by a long shot.

Be open, be honest, and you might really like it.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Kiss of the Dragon

Hadn't seen it in years and remember thinking it was Jet Li's best American film. And it is. Tcheky Karyo is a GOD in this film and the fight choreography - that insane final baton fight especially - is fucking solid throughout. Bridget Fonda brings a hell of a lot of interesting choices to a pretty rote part too.
                        Re-watched it a month ago. The acting SUCKS. Beside mon ami Tcheky, who goes Gary Busey in this. But yeah, it's one of the better US movies.

Always fun to see Cyril Raffaelli as the monkey blond devil twin, who later kicked an unholy amount of asses in Banlieue 13.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I think Li is surprisingly good in it. I take back what I said about Fonda - she's good in the first half, but reduced to a 'mewling quim' in the second half.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Chronicle

Dug it a lot. Wish it had just a tiny bit more budget, because when the CGI was bad it really pulled me out of it. Wallace was the best. Playing football in the sky was pretty awesome. I read about them doing another, but I don't know how they pull that off unless there's a second "anomaly" in the world or something like that.

The Sitter

Not brilliant, but funny enough. The kids were decent, and the "get in tune with the children and give them a revelation on life" moments didn't ruin the movie for me. Sam Rockwell is amazing as the weirdo coke dealer though. And Gabrielle Union without plastic surgery is smoking hot.

Comment

• Footloose '11

I really enjoyed it. It plays so obviously inside the cliches and embraces so openly the outrageousness of the dance sequences that by the time a (really good) brawl turns seemlessly into the extravagantly-staged, final dance number, you're either along for the ride or already switched off. There's just enough well-written drama and character beats sewn into the signposted dramatic turns that it actually ends up being Craig Brewer's most mainstream and yet most satisfying film overall. Its kind of like The Karate Kid remake in that sense - its easy to dismiss or sneer at and has one or two too many cringe-y moments, but it delivers where it counts. Really, really good, well-made fun. I can see this becoming a Sunday afternoon favourite for many.

Comment

• Gonna watch IN TIME tonight. I hope it doesn't suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X