Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im embarrassed to say that i saw NAVY SEALS in the theater. It's a complete mockery of quality filmmaking.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      Navy SEALS had The Biehn and a sweet golf scene.
      It also has a coked up Charlie Sheen and President Palmer and yet it ain't that good. But The Biehn is always welcomed in any movie.

Imagine if Navy SEALS had kickass action and you have Act of Valor.
      Last edited by Martin; 06-05-2012, 09:42 AM.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Im embarrassed to say that i saw NAVY SEALS in the theater. It's a complete mockery of quality filmmaking.
        It sure make you sound old my friend

Comment

• We were in college and went and saw it, drunk. I think there were five or six of us. We were pretry much the only ones in the theater and we openly mocked it.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Is it true Act of Valour (sorry, I'm British) opens with the directors giving a big, forced disclaimer of sorts? Mark Kermode said if that opening bit (which he was unsure as to whether it was attached to all prints) was a sendup, the film is genius; if its for real, its an awful, awful piece of shit.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Haven't seen that.

Comment

• Single White Female

Engrossing stuff, served up in a delightful 90's thriller package. Fonda and Leigh were tremendous and the tone mostly held itself together, save maybe for a little bit of a stumble towards the end. Still, this was all I hoped it would be (I was having a field day with the two leading ladies in one flick.)

Also, Sorry, I'm British should be the title of your autobiography, Ben. Possible subheading: The Frightfully Funny Reflections of Ben Thomas, Wordsmith.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  Single White Female

Engrossing stuff, served up in a delightful 90's thriller package. Fonda and Leigh were tremendous and the tone mostly held itself together, save maybe for a little bit of a stumble towards the end. Still, this was all I hoped it would be (I was having a field day with the two leading ladies in one flick.)

Also, Sorry, I'm British should be the title of your autobiography, Ben. Possible subheading: The Frightfully Funny Reflections of Ben Thomas, Wordsmith.
                  I'd read Ben's bio in a shot.

Re: Single White Female, oh hell yeah! Total agreement - Fonda and Leigh played their roles like champs. Very, very good thriller - just watching Leigh slip further and further into madness, and all the shit Fonda's character had to put up with (the office lech who was harassing her still bugs the shit out of me) captivated me the first time I saw it. Solid stuff - I wish Fonda would get back into acting again; she's so damn good.

Comment

• Couldn't agree more about Fonda, Tim. For the one with the less showy role of the two leads, she more than made up for it with her quiet resilience. And Leigh -- one of my well-documented favourites -- well, she's just a class act. It's so sad someone that talented never got to be Julia Roberts big.

I think it was Matt (and possibly your good self, too) who called this a while back, saying it was one for all the Leigh/Fonda fans. To say that was on the money would be something of an understatement.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I remember watching that and The Hand that Rocks the Cradle around the same time and thinking "Damn, womens be crazy."

Comment

• Yes, Phedg, yes they be. Which is why us menfolk fear them.

Comment

• Pssssh, I fear nothing.

she's not here so I can get away with that.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                            I remember watching that and The Hand that Rocks the Cradle around the same time and thinking "Damn, womens be crazy."

hahahahah.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                              Piranha 3DD - So fucking bad that it's kind of good. Tonally it's all over the place and it's shot like a fucking SyFy flick but some of the kills were decent. Also it has the best line next to the Schwarma line from Avengers.

"Josh cut off his penis because something came out of my vagina."

John Gulager is not a good director. Feast had to have been a fluke.

The Hoff had some great moments and goddamn does Ving Rhames look old as fuck.
                              Saw this and I agree to a point. Apart from some of the kills and the nudity, this movie had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Damn near every character in this couldn't have been more obvious if they wore a t-shirt stating what their job in the film was - Victim #1, Victim #2, Asshole Ex-Boyfriend Cop, Hot Heroine Who Just So Happens To Be A Marine Biologist Though Doesn't Do Anything To Show She's A Marine Biologist, Nerdy Nice Guy Who Gets The Girl In The End, Christopher Lloyd as Doctor From Far Better First Entry In Series, Kid Who Gets Killed, Kid Who Doesn't Get Killed, etc. The writing sucked, the dialogue sucked, the majority of the actors(!) had as much range as a kindergarten class play.

The Hoff's moments were good, but could have been even better/funnier than what was shown, with someone who knew how to WRITE and could grasp comedy a bit better. Rhames DID look old enough to know Moses in his heyday and was wasted in this dreck.

What could've been a fun and bawdy romp turned out to be a huge misfire. Shit, I owe Rob an apology - I read his review, I thought "maybe he's wrong - it can't be THAT bad, right?" Rob, I'M SORRY. I should've deferred to your wisdom in this. You were right, I was wrong. Forgive me.

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                              Also, so fucking glad I just paid 8 bucks on VoD than in the theater. The 3d would have been fucking laughable. It was like F13 part 3 level shit.
                              Here's where I lucked out - saw this thanks to a buddy and his "illicit" connection who got this on DVD. I think I'll tell him to punch his connection in the mouth.

Comment

• Judge Dredd

Such a mixed bag. I mean, Dredd's my second favourite comic book character, so I can't say that this is a good film. But actually, I think it could have been. While the sound design and the casting is awful (Diane Lane and Max von Sydow excepted), the script isn't so bad and a lot of the practical effects and designs still look fantastic. Mean Machine and the ABC Warrior in particular are quality. Obviously, not only is Stallone no good as Dredd, he only wears the helmet 2 or 3 times throughout the whole film! Disgraceful. It's also missing a setpiece or two, as there's little between the opening block war (Remar!) and the finale that you could call 'exciting', while the bike chase is incredibly ugly thanks to some awful back projection. All that said, its still perversely enjoyable and I imagine it would look pretty great on blu. Put it this way - its better than the other big-budget comic book movie of '95, Batman Forever.

One thing I would like to see carried over to Urban's upcoming version is Alan Silvestri's score - his Dredd theme is fucking aces.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X