Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

I haven't a clue what was going on, but it sure was pretty. I don't really understand the criticism that its not as good as the first. Its in exactly the same mold, just on a much larger scale. And as preposterous as Richie's techniques might get, they're always good fun. The completely over-wrought battle in the woods typifies the film. You're not entirely sure how you got there or why its pertinent, but its so fucking slick, it frequently leaves your jaw on the floor.

I personally think these films are a cut above the majority of the big franchise films we tend to get on these budgets. They kind of remind me of the Martin Campbell Zorro flicks in that way - there's just enough effort put into creating a convincing set of dramatic circumstances, shot through with inventive action set-pieces from a crew of world-class artisans and a cast pulling together to deliver pure entertainment.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The first Zorro was so much better than these Sherlock flicks.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah, but the Sherlock films are better than Legend of Zorro.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• That's not exactly a compliment. BUt you're right, and I kinda hated the Holmes flicks...

Comment

• Really? How come.

I mean, I've read some of the books, so I know that they're largely Sherlock in name only, but we've got the excellent Cumberbatch version for fidelity. I find them to be really fun films.

Comment

• Mainly because considering the talent involved, thse movies should be better than just fucking average, which they are.

Comment

• At least I stayed awake during Zorro.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Catherine Zeta-Jones kept many penises awake way back then.

Comment

• I saw that one in theatre several times just for the swordfight stripshow.

The kids these days can just look it up on Yootoob. Fuck the kids these days. Assholes have everything handed to 'em.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Maybe I'm easily pleased, but the trifecta of McAdams, Noomi Rapace and Kelly Reilly more than sated my eye-candy needs, as did the rest of the film.

And I do feel that these are better than average. Average is the shit that we've seen dying this year (John Carter, Battleship, MiB3). These are easily a cut above that sorta stuff.

Comment

• Here's hoping that Noomi Rapace becomes a big, big star in Hollywood. She's goegeous and she absolutely has the acting chops to be both a STAR and and ACTOR. Also, i just love her name.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I think Prometheus is gonna take care of that. She's certainly a striking lady and I agree on her acting chops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            ... McAdams, Noomi Rapace and Kelly Reilly....
                            I'm sorry, lads... what were we talking about again?
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Hey guys, I found a movie that actually makes THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE an okay movie. It's called THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2. What a horrible, terrible mess. Why did I watch the entire thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Hey guys, I found a movie that actually makes THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE an okay movie. It's called THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2. What a horrible, terrible mess. Why did I watch the entire thing?
                                masochism /maso·chism/ (mas´ah-kizm) the act or instance of gaining pleasure from physical or psychological pain; usually used to denote sexual masochism. masochis´tic

Comment

Working...
                                X