Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a midnight screening of The Raid last night.

Just got back from seeing it again.

Questions?
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Is it better than Summer School? Because I have to say, I watched it this morning and I'm already hankering for seconds (Chainsaw should have had his own show.)
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        Is it better than Summer School? Because I have to say, I watched it this morning and I'm already hankering for seconds (Chainsaw should have had his own show.)
        He did get his own Ski School.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
          Is it better than Summer School? Because I have to say, I watched it this morning and I'm already hankering for seconds (Chainsaw should have had his own show.)
          Synchronicity. I recently posted a song from that in the "Listening To Movie/Game Scores" thread.

Comment

• Wow, Summer School takes me back. Back to a time when I thought Mark Harmon was cool.

And Ski School - all I remember about that was the voiceover for the trailer: 'Ski School - it's not about learning how to ski'.

ETA: My memory rocks
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• SUMMER SCHOOL was a good one. That hot European chic that joins the class......oh yes.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I know her by another name.

Alotta.

Alotta Fagina.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Was that her name in that? It's neen at least 20 years since my last viewing.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• John Carter.

What started out as a sort of pulp adventure story quickly became nonsensical greenscreen tripe masquerading as an adventure film.

The lack of build to certain scenes were incredibly strange, confusing, and needlessly long. My favorite example is John's rampage through the martians, where the editing serves to associate his savage destruction of this alien race (a rival tribe to Tars', which up until then, no one is told about) to the Native Americans that killed his family (not actually said, but implied, and again, the idiots who see movies NEED IT SPELLED OUT FOR THEM ON A FILM WITH A BUDGET THIS BIG). It was about as overt and simultaneously obtuse as could be, and the slaughter of computerized models was about as dramatic of a moment as a popcorn fart in the wind. Which brings me to the main issue of the whole thing:

it was a beautifully rendered thing, Barsoom. But I couldn't give a fuck about any of it. It's the curse of the green screen world. Where nothing is real, you know it isn't real, and at every frame change, it reminds you again, that you are watching a film.

With all of the computerized bullshit humming about, making faces with REALISTIC PORE AND TEAR DUCT RENDERING, I was more enamored by the real things: like the red tattoos of the people of Helium, Deja's ass, and Mark Strong's bluetooth headset.

This should have either gone whole-hog into computer land or left a bit of grim and grit in it from REAL SETS, PROSTHETICS, and ANIMATRONICS. I don't care if it had cost them even more money, it might have made for something more interesting to look at than a bunch of pixelated dragonflies exploding and killing all of those poor digital people. (WHO WILL RENDER THE MOURNERS AT THEIR FUNERALS!?)

No amount of processing power could make it interesting or will a believable performance out of Taylor Kitsch. He was full on Crystal Skull'ing it.

And another thing:

"Captain John Carter, Virgina."

"John Carter!"

"My name is John Carter."

John Carter John Carter John Carter HERPADERPADERPDERPDERP

Should have stuck with the regular name. The title of the movie was said eight billion fucking times. Whoever thought that was a good idea, regardless of the Mars Needs Moms thing (Who the fuck remembers that anyway? It sucked, people are fickle with the recall of goldfish.) should have their shit pushed in by a fuckbot.

Giacchino's score deserved a better film.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-20-2012, 09:20 AM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Was that her name in that? It's neen at least 20 years since my last viewing.
                      I just know it was the same actress in Austin Powers.

Enhanced.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        SUMMER SCHOOL was a good one. That hot European chic that joins the class......oh yes.
                        Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        I know her by another name.

Alotta.

Alotta Fagina.
                        AKA Fabiana Udenio:

Y'know, 'cause I love you guys, an' stuff.

Comment

• Summer School is one of my all time favorites. I wanted to be Chainsaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            He did get his own Ski School.
                            Note to self: watch Ski School.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            Wow, Summer School takes me back. Back to a time when I thought Mark Harmon was cool.
                            If they were to remake this little gem, they'd probably get Joel McHale to play Mr. Shoop, wouldn't they?
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Might as well finish the job and recast the whole movie.

What about hot Kirstie Alley and surfer girl Courtney Thorne-Smith? Prego Rhonda and chicana Denise?

Comment

• Mmmmmmmmmm... Courtney-Thorne Smith...

Almost forgot she was in the flick. She was also in Revenge of the Nerds 2 and Melrose Place, one of the main reasons I used to watch that show.

Comment

Working...
                                X