Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, Bobby. Had the Skull whacked Bucky, that would've made his eventual beatdown by Cap more charged and eagerly anticipated by the audience. Plus, the Skull's "escape" would've left an unfinished business motivation for Cap in a sequel.

Comment

• Another excellent point!

If all this didn't happen because they were going for something different, that's commendable. However, I think the satisfaction to be gained by witnessing Cap besting a Bucky-bashing Skull* should have given them the confidence to go for the epic approach, even if it might have made a few cold-hearted cynics balk. Tonally, it would have been fair game.

* some Joyceian alliteration right there for y'all.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        SENNA's out on blu ray???? Why did I miss this????

Seriously guys...SENNA is the best movie of last year.
        I don't give a fuck about F1 but Matt's right. Best film of '11, no question. Can't get enough of that film. Incredible, pure cinema and a demonstration of genius at work (Senna the man himself).

Everyone who loves film - preconceptions be damned - needs to see it. Shit, I only watched it on other peoples' recommendations.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith View Post
          Le Cercle Rouge. Followed by Captain America. Again.

Hi, I've been out of circulation for a bit, but I'm fairly certain I know a lot of you from that one message board, you know the one I'm talking about, where people where always talking about stuff and things?
          Fordyce? Is that you?

Also:

The Avengers

It was everything it was meant to be, and more. Wow. Just fucking wow.
          And since I'm not a huge fan of Spiderman 2, this one shot right at number one for me. Not perfect, but the best comic book movie ever made.

That sense of wonder I felt as a kid? Right there.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Right there with you, Martin. It's my number one.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I know they're not comparable, but after a recent viewing, I'd have to say The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie. Its seriously amazing on every single level and doesn't suffer the huge suspension of disbelief that most comic book films do.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• For me The Dark Knight is a close 2nd. At least so far.

I'll have to see it again to be sure, but holy crap was The Avengers all I ever wanted from a comic book movie. But both movies are excellent.

Comment

• The only way Avengers could have been more awesome is if Spidey showed up.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Might was well add Wolverine as well. Cause despite his shitty solo movie, Jackman owns.

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of THE DARK KNIGHT. It's really good, but it's not transcendent to me. I'll take the pure unadulterated joy of THE AVENGERS over TDK anyway.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Pretty much like Matt. I LOVE Nolan's work, but even with Ledger's super performance, The Avengers is that movie I'll watch very often.

Comment

• See, I wasn't the biggest Dark Knight fan until I watched it a couple of weeks ago.

Removed from all the hype and the thrill of seeing Ledger's Joker for the first time, its a serious crime film, with serious ideas and yet, still as pure a Batman film as could possibly be, with all the iconography and conflict you could ask for.

Comment

• I need to watch it again before the new one hits. I'll re evaluate.

Comment

• Avengers versus Dark Knight: err, I like 'em both for different reasons.

Not sure they need to have a dick-measuring contest.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I really liked Dark Knight, and I get where Ben's coming from. It's probably the closest to a solid Batman flick as we're likely to get until Dark Knight Rises, the first Burton film notwithstanding. The only drawback to Nolan's flick is they don't quite nail the feel of a Batman comic like Burton's did. It's splitting hairs, really - Nolan opted for a real-world take for his films, which works splendidly, but it lacks that sense of fun, which the '89 Batman had.

This is one of the reasons why I dug the Avengers - it's FUN. Brilliantly lit and colorful, action out the ass, and it doesn't take itself as seriously as Nolan's flicks do. Again, I'm not slagging on Nolan's flicks at all - they just have a different feel to them than the Avengers had. Whether that's because Batman is grim and gritty as superheroes go, or the Avengers are more fanciful, I can't say.

Comment

Working...
                                X