Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Einundzwanzig Jump Strasse.

Skinny Hill still terrifies me, but this was alright. C-Tates was what Marky Mark wishes he was in that Other Guys movie. Yeah, Wahlberg's YELLING IS FUNNY act ain't shit compared to the subdued and puffy-faced C-Tates ACTING TOUR DE FORCE.

I wanna try some HFS now. Weird seeing a fellow Marsh Middle School alumnus in a movie.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'd also like to throw my hat into the "I'd kill a village of sand people (the ones from Star Wars, don't make this into a race thing) for Brie Larson" pool.

And if there wasn't a pool before, there is now.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        Gonna watch Tin Tin sometime today, but I just finished Chronicle this morning, and I must say that the found footage thing can fuck off forever.

The conceit of this poor kid having that camera in the first place, and all of the other collected vantage points were incredible stretches compared to the magic moon rock and the "Tetsuo is a white boy in Seattle" final fight. Thankfully the end result offered enough new experiences and put the usual stuff through a different filter than the usual, so it made for a surprisingly entertaining show.

That this was made for what amounts to peanuts compared to the big superhero films and still managed to execute some impressive and imaginative effects work is pretty outstanding.

Unfortunately, the guy who wrote it is also the toolshed that made that Superman comic reenactment from a while back. What's worse is that he escaped from John fucking Landis' ballsack.

Oh well, I liked it. Good on you, Landis Kid.
        Hopefully Tintin is better than the shitty books it's from. Cause those are fucking bad. And racist. And misogynistic. And boring. It's like a book made by Sterling Cooper in Europe.

As for Chronicle, the script is kinda the weak point, and a lot of merit goes to the director and the main cast. And yup, I also got the Akira vibe from that final fight. So fucking insane.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Einundzwanzig Jump Strasse.

Skinny Hill still terrifies me, but this was alright. C-Tates was what Marky Mark wishes he was in that Other Guys movie. Yeah, Wahlberg's YELLING IS FUNNY act ain't shit compared to the subdued and puffy-faced C-Tates ACTING TOUR DE FORCE.

I wanna try some HFS now. Weird seeing a fellow Marsh Middle School alumnus in a movie.
          Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          I'd also like to throw my hat into the "I'd kill a village of sand people (the ones from Star Wars, don't make this into a race thing) for Brie Larson" pool.

And if there wasn't a pool before, there is now.
          Yeah. Totes agreed. C-Tates is way better in this than I expected. He should give the rom-com's a rest and stick to straight comedy. Granted he's not winning any awards for it but he's not a distraction and he actually brings something to the flick.

Also love the not so thinly veiled FUCK HOLLYWOOD REMAKING ERRYTHING message. Which is hilarious coming from a remake but none the less it works.

Also agreed on smashing out sand peeps (of any kind, I'm not picky) for Brie Larson.

"I LOVE THIS SCIENCE SHIT"
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            "I LOVE THIS SCIENCE SHIT"
            Word.

Watched Goon this morning.

Probably the most Canadian film of recent years, Seann William Scott plays Dougie Glatt, a bouncer at some shit bar who is five or six IQ points removed from Forrest Gump, who doesn't have anything to call his own.

One night at a local hockey game, Dougie's friend played by the always obnoxious Jay Baruchel earns the scorn and homicidal rage of a rival team's enforcer, who goes up into the deck to knock Nosedick McQuaid into the fucking ground. Dougie, loyal to a fault, unloads a on the guy until he "face periods." As a result, he gets a tryout at a minor league team and we're off to the races. Scott as Glatt is perfect. Dougie's respectful of the game, never has anything bad to say about anyone, not even the coked-out, spit-happy Frenchman he ends up rooming with when he moves up the ladder to a farm team, and he does whatever the hell he needs to help the team. If that means exploding their faces, he'll do it without hesitation.

Allie Pill plays Jenny, a drugged out hippie who has copious amounts of sex with everything not nailed down and--oh no, I mean she plays Eva, a barfly who has copious amounts of sex with everything not nailed down. And then she meets Dougie. Cute as a button eh.

His hero, Ross Rhea (played masterfully by Liev Schreiber), gets busted down to the same league as Dougie early on in the runtime. So of course, they are naturally set up to have a rivalry in the final stretch. Rhea is the ultimate goon. All goons wish they were as mulleted and focused on eradicating visages as Ross Rhea.

Dougie gets his shot at him and it is fucking amazing.

There are some hilarious fucking lines in this as well as absolutely brutal hits, especially when Dougie has to protect the crease.

I loved it eh.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Miss Pill? All up on it.

Comment

• Feast. Still enjoyed it, but goddamn if this movie isn't uneven as fuck. IT's always nice to see Clu in a movie though.

Still gets the award for the best use of Henry Rollins as a battering ram.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Judah kills the happy joyjoy feeling. He could have been excised and it would have made for a much more enjoyable experience.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Clu is the fucking man. Holds his own with Lee Marvin and doesn't come across as a tool in Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Both tasks being damn near impossible.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Judah was ok at first, but by the end it was too much.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Clu is the fucking man. Holds his own with Lee Marvin and doesn't come across as a tool in Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Both tasks being damn near impossible.
                        fuck yeah.

Comment

• Now, all I'm thinking about is The Killers (1964). Clu was fucking amazing in that.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Word.

Watched Goon this morning.

Probably the most Canadian film of recent years, Seann William Scott plays Dougie Glatt, a bouncer at some shit bar who is five or six IQ points removed from Forrest Gump, who doesn't have anything to call his own.

One night at a local hockey game, Dougie's friend played by the always obnoxious Jay Baruchel earns the scorn and homicidal rage of a rival team's enforcer, who goes up into the deck to knock Nosedick McQuaid into the fucking ground. Dougie, loyal to a fault, unloads a on the guy until he "face periods." As a result, he gets a tryout at a minor league team and we're off to the races. Scott as Glatt is perfect. Dougie's respectful of the game, never has anything bad to say about anyone, not even the coked-out, spit-happy Frenchman he ends up rooming with when he moves up the ladder to a farm team, and he does whatever the hell he needs to help the team. If that means exploding their faces, he'll do it without hesitation.

Allie Pill plays Jenny, a drugged out hippie who has copious amounts of sex with everything not nailed down and--oh no, I mean she plays Eva, a barfly who has copious amounts of sex with everything not nailed down. And then she meets Dougie. Cute as a button eh.

His hero, Ross Rhea (played masterfully by Liev Schreiber), gets busted down to the same league as Dougie early on in the runtime. So of course, they are naturally set up to have a rivalry in the final stretch. Rhea is the ultimate goon. All goons wish they were as mulleted and focused on eradicating visages as Ross Rhea.

Dougie gets his shot at him and it is fucking amazing.

There are some hilarious fucking lines in this as well as absolutely brutal hits, especially when Dougie has to protect the crease.

I loved it eh.
                            I also saw it. Pretty fucking funny. I really was surprised, but overall, yes, I not a huge fan of hockey fights, but still, it's a movie, and it delivered. I'm still jealous my sister got to go to the premiere and meet and talk with Liev Schreiber...
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hard Boiled - Still awesome, but goddamn does Woo like freeze frame wipes. I never really noticed them until now.

Leon - Still works so fucking well. I honestly have no problems with this movie at all. Just so fucking good. I know everyone love Oldman in this but I think Reno is much more awesome.

Comment

• LEON is amazing.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X