Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So envious. We're seeing it this weekend for sure.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Seriously, I was looking at the international numbers on Avengers and if it's an indicator for America....Marvel just started printing money.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Checked out Tintin this weekend. Really fucking enjoyed it. I hope we get some sequels. It was the next best thing to Raiders and Uncharted. Had a blast with it. Haddock is the man.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You had me at RAIDERS. Sounds like I need to see this.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It has one of the best chase sequences I've seen in a film in a long time. And you actually know exactly what's going on during the entire thing.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              Checked out Tintin this weekend. Really fucking enjoyed it. I hope we get some sequels. It was the next best thing to Raiders and Uncharted. Had a blast with it. Haddock is the man.
              Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              It has one of the best chase sequences I've seen in a film in a long time. And you actually know exactly what's going on during the entire thing.
              I watched it again last week on Blu and then again this weekend with my folks (who really liked it too).

Its fucking ace. I'd say the pacing at the very end is a little off and, as good as the crane-showdown is, following the two previous, outstanding set-pieces, it suffers somewhat, not least of all because Tintin himself isn't central to it. As Rob said, the Bagghar chase is phenomenal, but I actually prefer the preceding swashbuckle flashback. The use of 'camerawork' and editing in that sequence is Spielberg completely uncontained by physical logistics and loving every, inventive second of it. Its a more impressive few minutes than any single action scene in any of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, in my opinion.

I can also recommend the making of doc on the Blu. Its a Bouzereau joint and, while it doesn't unearth any dirt, its as solid as you would expect of the man. Standout moments include Jackson's 'audition' in full Haddock garb and the anecdotes about Milou, the French name for Snowy.

I too hope we get at least one sequel, but I think if we're waiting for Jackson, we're waiting a while - not to mention the film must have cost a packet and didn't exactly set the box office on fire (£296m worldwide is probably just North of a breakeven for a film like this, I should think).
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Gonna watch Tin Tin sometime today, but I just finished Chronicle this morning, and I must say that the found footage thing can fuck off forever.

The conceit of this poor kid having that camera in the first place, and all of the other collected vantage points were incredible stretches compared to the magic moon rock and the "Tetsuo is a white boy in Seattle" final fight. Thankfully the end result offered enough new experiences and put the usual stuff through a different filter than the usual, so it made for a surprisingly entertaining show.

That this was made for what amounts to peanuts compared to the big superhero films and still managed to execute some impressive and imaginative effects work is pretty outstanding.

Unfortunately, the guy who wrote it is also the toolshed that made that Superman comic reenactment from a while back. What's worse is that he escaped from John fucking Landis' ballsack.

Oh well, I liked it. Good on you, Landis Kid.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Agree with everything mentioned about this one by you guys already. Would have been so much better if he was innocent and the fact that they had to have exposition saying "He's not killing us for lying, he's killing us for telling the truth." WTF?!? I liked that Freddy wasn't all shits and giggles but him being a pedo fucked the whole story up.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Along with the shitty makeup, stupid voice, and uninventive kills. :/

SO MUCH RAGE IN ME STILL.

Comment

• The voice I can get over, not everyone is Robert Englund. The kills pissed me off because they basically mirrored most of the originals but were less exciting somehow, and the makeup? He looked like a fucking alien. Yeah, a bit of rage.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Mr. Boogedy was scarier.

Comment

• The voice was just silly in my opinion. But you're right, the kills were so much less satisfying in this one even though they are basically the same from 1984. Practical > CGI

Comment

• Pointless remake was pointless.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm all for a kick ass Freddy movie as I know it can be done. It just needs to be done fucking right. They should have just re-made part 3 with a 10 min proglogue if needed especially since they didn't change his origin (which was the biggest fucking mistake)

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                                I'm all for a kick ass Freddy movie as I know it can be done. It just needs to be done fucking right. They should have just re-made part 3 with a 10 min proglogue if needed especially since they didn't change his origin (which was the biggest fucking mistake)
                                The biggest fucking mistake was putting it through the yogurtpoopmachine that is Platynumb Doons.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X