Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing a midnight screening tonight. Spoiler free so far...
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      The first 45 minutes is great.

David Tennant does nothing for me in anything I've seen him in (Can't get Micheal Sheen? Get Tennant) and the arrival of awful CG after Farrell burns the house down completely ruins the remainder of the film for me.
      Maybe Grimm has me numb to terrible CG but I didn't think it was too bad. It wasn't distracting, at any rate. And I thought everyone in that region of the planet was contractually obligated to like Tennant because of Dr. Who. Is that not the case? I liked him here but that might have been because they were kind of calling out Criss Angel on his terrible bullshit.

I really liked how they departed from the original. The room and fight at the end were neat.

Comment

• I enjoyed the movie too, grave. Others didn't. Oh well.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jerry being all like "HEY GUISE I'MMA VAMP KTHXBAI" annoyed me. Needed more Tennant.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
            Jerry being all like "HEY GUISE I'MMA VAMP KTHXBAI" annoyed me. Needed more "YORE SO KEWL BREWSTER.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              Cabin in the Woods is the fucking goods you guys.
              I can't top this.

See this film, if you have even a passing interest in horror. Its genuinely inventive (Rob's right, even when you know what's coming it somehow still surprises you) and just oodles and oodles of fun. There is some insane shit in this film and it actually scratched something off my bucket list:
                Spoiler: 3rd act spoiler 
              See a man impaled by a unicorn. Fuck. Yes.

I laughed a lot during this, which surprised me. Mostly out of sheer holy fuckness, but also due to a really witty script and some good casting. Whitford especially was really good in this, but I liked the whole cast, which is something I never say about teen-centric horror films.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Having not read any spoilers and judging by the trailers this looks like Cube with a monster forcing the "rats" to make mistakes through the maze.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                  Having not read any spoilers and judging by the trailers this looks like Cube with a monster forcing the "rats" to make mistakes through the maze.

50/50.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Its way better than that. Its better than Cube, frankly, which was a good idea with so-so execution. Here, its the execution that separates it from the pack.

Comment

• niiiiiiiiiiiiiice
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Special When Lit:A Pinball documentary

Not too shabby. It takes a while to pick up steam but I enjoyed this documentary. Learned alot about pinball that I had no idea about ( like it being illegal for a good chunk of time prior to the 70's). It's on instant.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Raid

I won't mention Redemption part of the title, since it just retarded a US studio bullshit name that's not part of the real titile.

So, yes the story is a bit thin and generic, but people, WOULD YOU STILL LIKE TO SEE THE BEST ACTION MOVIE OF THE DECADE? On that part, it's impecable, and a complete masterpiece.

Yes, masterpiece. That word has to be used here. You may or may not connect with the story, but unless you just suffered an aneurysm, anyone bitching about the action scenes and the impecable fighting (finally a feature showing how deadly a knife really is!) should be beaten for their own good.

Comment

• Actually they had to tack on "Redemption" because of some licensing shit. The director said it was changing the whole title or adding a subtitle, and they had already spent time and money marketing it as "The Raid" so he randomly picked "Redemption" because alliteration is fun.

Comment

• Trademark issue from what I read. But who cares about the rule of law? amirite?
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Actually they had to tack on "Redemption" because of some licensing shit. The director said it was changing the whole title or adding a subtitle, and they had already spent time and money marketing it as "The Raid" so he randomly picked "Redemption" because alliteration is fun.
                                I know, but the whole licensing issue is retarded. I'm sure ain't blaming the director, but therE's a lot of case where 2 movies have the same name....

And it's a minor issue to this great flick. I remember Hocken saying on Facebook that the fights in The Raid were as good as the one in They Live. Proof he's Hocken. Sure, it's a legendary fight, but only because IT NEVER FUCKING ENDS. Technically, it's not very good...

Comment

Working...
                                X