Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Damn home theater makes me want an HD TV now. My TV is only 2-3 years old so I can't justify buying a new one. Wah.

you just did, nathan. because it's hd. there's also, blu-ray. and the fact that netflix is streaming hd content. ps3. fuck, i could keep going on. who are you trying to convince? yourself or the missus?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• There are too many things that need to be done to my house to justify dropping money that I don't have on a television. Maybe once my car is paid off.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• sir, just wait till ces is over. fucking led hdtvs will be the biggest thing this year, which will bring down prices like crazy.

Comment

• Are those ready then? Hadn't heard anything in awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Are those ready then? Hadn't heard anything in awhile.
            From what i heard, no they are not ready yet...Maybe starting showing up by next year
            I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
            Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
            Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
            She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

• Saw Gran Torino last night with the crew... Great film, and Clint Eastwood is fantastic as a stubborn, racist old man.. If you got the cash go see this in theaters, if not then wait for it on dvd/BLURAY, it is a must buy
              I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
              Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
              Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
              She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

• Gran Torino was fantastic. Clint's best role I've ever seen. Some of the other acting...not so good. I've heard complaints about the last act, but honestly, it went down the only way it could.

Now here's a new thing I'm going to put into all my reviews for the new year, Douchebag Sell Out Quotes. My DBSOQ for Gran Torino is:

"Brilliant! Emotional, touching, and hilarious! You'll stand up in your seat and scream, 'I <3 the Gooks!'."
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                  Some of the other acting...not so good.
                  Apparently none of the Hmong had ever acted before. Bee Vang who played Thao is from here in St. Paul.

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                  Gran Torino was fantastic. Clint's best role I've ever seen. Some of the other acting...not so good. I've heard complaints about the last act, but honestly, it went down the only way it could.

Now here's a new thing I'm going to put into all my reviews for the new year, Douchebag Sell Out Quotes. My DBSOQ for Gran Torino is:

"Brilliant! Emotional, touching, and hilarious! You'll stand up in your seat and scream, 'I <3 the Gooks!'."
                  Every "zipperhead" uttered seemed to be the audiences favorite in my theater.
                  Last edited by PHEDG; 01-12-2009, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Best line was his comment about not touching his dog right before he went to their party.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey View Post
                      From what i heard, no they are not ready yet...Maybe starting showing up by next year

yah... corey has no idea what he's talking about. via gizmodo:

The LNXXB8000, LNXXB7000 and LNXXB6000 all feature super-slim ("around an inch" for all three) Touch of Color bezels (the 8000 being in a new chrome and clear "prism" finish), built-in ethernet for Netflix streaming, as well as integration of the Yahoo Widget Engine, an open platform for third-party widgets for weather, Flickr photos, etc, that just about everyone with networked TVs is throwing in. Also on board are built-in ATSC tuners—not always commonplace on ultra-slim models. The 6000 and 7000 series will come in 40, 46 and 55-inch sizes, with the 8000 series ditching the 40-incher.

Now, the differences: the LNXXB8000 is the only one to feature a 240Hz refresh rate. The LNXXB7000 looks to be the same deal in a different-colored chassis and down to 120Hz. And the whole line sucks down 40% less power, featuring an optimized "energy savings mode" and a "power indicator menu." Phew.
                      And, not to be forgotten, the traditional CCFL LCDs got a bump too, with 240Hz Motion Plus now standard on the new 7-series 750 LCD line. Series 6 LCDs and Series 8 Plasmas also were touched by the refresh wand—full details below.
                      Again, we're gonna see 'em all in the first half of 2009

Comment

• Watched a few movies this weekend...

The Ruins...wow, not sure why you guys liked this so much. It was decent, had a throw back feel to it, but it was kinda teh suck. One viewing was more than enough...

Diary of the Dead...cool flick. I want to watch it again to try and soak everything up. Some of the best Zombie kills in a long time...the CG blood/gore worked in this. I'm going to try and pick this up on Blu...

Cars...finally sat down and watched this with the kids again. It's not as bad as I remember it. I will be buying on Blu especially after my wife said "I really need to see this on Blu-Ray."

Speed Racer...yes again. Great flick on blu, thanks Rob for the heads up on this. The neighbor kids were over watching it with my boys and they were asking if the movie was a dream or what? They couldn't comprehend the beautiful, bright colors.

Office Space...It came on HBO after about 4 episodes of Curb...Forgot how relevant/hilarious this movie is. I need another Mike Judge film...
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI

It's got electrolytes

Comment

• No need to go see Gran Torino.

Clint Eastwood is just channeling my grandma. Daft racist.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Ruins was just so fucking brutal. Plus the whole "cellphone" thing was pretty fucking neat. And just the idea was good. But different strokes for different folks.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Word to Idiocracy...As for Ruins there were a few neat things. I think I went into it with too high of expectations. Spoiler alert...I love when they cut the vines out of the girl, that was the dope shit, and when she ended up killing herself and her boyfriend...otherwise everything else was kinda ridiculous...more t&a would have made it more better.
                                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X