Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Drive would be a lot less if Bryan Cranston and Albert Brooks' approaches to their characters weren't so spectacular. Brooks in particular really struck me as a refreshing take on a well-worn archetype the 2nd time around and their final scene together is brilliant.

I never made it through Valhalla Rising, but I'll give that another go soon, I think.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      Movie opinions aren't worth it man. But it's cool. I'd rather watch TF3 than Drive. In fact I may have to watch that tonight.
      Now that's depressing.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just saw The Descendants. It not my favourite Payne film, but its reliably beautiful and touching and all around great. Its the highest possible compliment to say that is now predictably consistent for him.

I went to see it with my ex whose mother died when she was around the age of the older daughter and her brother was around the age of the younger daughter. So naturally she found stretches of the film very emotional, but I think a lot of the imagery (particularly the final shots) and sentiment struck a chord with her.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• My main issues with the movie:

1. Ryan Gosling as a human being (kidding, but he didn't come off as a badass but as someone acting like a badass. Seriously, Michael Pitt would have knocked this shit outta the park)
          2. Lack of character arc for Ryan Gosling. We're supposed to believe he's always been crazy and off the hook but we don't see it. And all of a sudden after a few staring contests with a kid he's all I WILL RAIN VENGEANCE DOWN watch me fuck these people up.
          3. Not enough backstory between him and Cranston, and what we do see of Cranston seems to be that he uses Gosling and it's not really a mutual friendship. Cranston was great, but I wanted a bit more between him and Gosling
          3. Ron Pearlman's cartoonish acting

There may be more but those are the things that personally bother me. Remember, I don't review movies for humanity. I say what I like/dislike about a movie personally and people can agree/disagree.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I too liked The Descendants. Not great, not bad, but I enjoyed it more for the supporting cast (his eldest daughter's dumbshit friend being there just to be comedic relief was lame) than for Clooney and his exploration of the Tommy Bahama catalogue. He put in a good performance, but I find Payne's best when he's wrangling a protagonist that is painted in shades of grey.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Now that's depressing.

hahahah. I probably won't watch it tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                I think Drive would be a lot less if Bryan Cranston and Albert Brooks' approaches to their characters weren't so spectacular.

Comment

• Rob you SUCK
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    Matt and Rerb: You're both fucking crazy.

Matt's got the age factor as proven by his sig line. Rerb...this is just disappointing.
                    TROOF.

Comment

• I am Number 4

Not a number 2. I expected shit, but I got a fun little movie, whose sequel will never happen. The Olyphant was wasted, but I'd rather take sequels to this than fucking Twilight....

Intouchables

2011 French movie. A rich white quadraplegic hires a black young dude from the street, who's interviewing only to get welfare (that he gets after X number of interviews). But the aristocrat hires him. Hilarity and drama ensues. Based on a true story between a French aristocrat and a Moroccan man.

Yeah. sounds like shit, right? Sounds cliché, right?

Well, I've rarely been touched by a movies as this one. It avoid most pitfalls and clichés from the genre, and the two main actors are superb, selling the growing bond between both men to people like me, who approached this movie with the same unease that comes from your average feel-good movies. What comes out it a movie that's not politcally correct (as Philippe said to a member of his family, he hired him because he specifically doesn't care about him.), but approaches poor taste.

Really good.

Comment

• lulz.

Comment

• Fucking clownshoes.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So we know what Raiden wears in the next game.

Comment

• Hooray for more retarded robot shit.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RAIDEN IS AWESOME HE DOES TWIRLS WITH HIS HIGH HEELS AND HALFFACE AND SLICES PEOPLE SHUTUP RUSS

Comment

Working...
                                X