Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were laughing about Hocken the whole time watching.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Jesus?

Comment

• Oh man that whole FB thing with Hocken being oblivious to Jesus being a jewish name. SMDH
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• BUT JESUS IS A MEXICAN NAME
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post

Why the fuck do I care about the smoothness on a technical scale? I want to be entertained and engaged. I was slightly entertained (mostly by Brooks, he was fucking great) and a tad engaged (at the thought of internet nerds wanting that stupid fucking jacket and how lame it would look outside of this movie).

If you want entertainment, go to a zoo.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              BUT JESUS IS A MEXICAN NAME
              And then he went further and said it'd be like naming a jew Mary. I was like and he was like

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              I get where both of you are coming from, that said I appreciate how slick everything is in Drive.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                Come on man, you can do better than this.

Drive was a good (not great) movie that was sold as something completely different than what it was. I now see why people were pissed at it.

Comment

• The whole time I just wanted to watch Oldboy again.

Comment

• People who buy into hype will always be let down.

Comment

• But that's just it, I didn't. I didn't rush out to see it, rent it, or anything. I actually wanted to get Tower Heist on demand instead but Lesley loves Ryan Gosling.

Comment

• Yeah but your complaint seems to be that it didn't live up to the hype. If you hadn't listened to the hype you might not have had that expectation. Of course it's actually harder to ignore hype than it should be but I managed to escape quite a bit of it sans whatever was said here.

That's not to negate your complaint as the hype seems to have been pretty immense, I'm just saying ignore like 3/4 of what you hear and maybe temper expectations some.

Comment

• What boils down is that when this flick came out FB and here were awash with "OMG U GUISE DRIVE IS LIKE THE HOT GIRL GIVING YOU A BLOWJOB WHILE YOU'RE EATING CFS AND PLAYING THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER" when in my reality is more like "Hey, I guess I can flick the tip while you think about someone else."

Comment

• And to not give into any sort of hype when we post about movies on a forum is impossible. But I have to say again, I liked the flick, I just don't get the crazy love for it.

Comment

• Also, I would have loved if instead of Ryan Gosling it was Michael Pitt. At least I can buy Pitt going psycho.

Comment

• Does it make me a moron to have wished they had maybe at least 1-2 more car scenes in a movie called "Drive" that is about a stunt driver/getaway man?

Comment

Working...
                                X