Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    How does that one look on bluray? Was thinking of getting it.

Ground up restoration from the original film negative. Just like they did with Pinocchio and Fantasia. Same team is getting to tackle Cinderella in the Fall.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      Not bad but I forgot how fucking racist it is in regards to those cats. Their sole purpose is to make fun of the Asians for 5 minutes and then never be seen again. I honestly thought they were in it longer.
      Not to mention the Italian chef.

Comment

• Velvet Goldmine! Really good so far.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
          Not to mention the Italian chef.
          Nah, that's how all Italians are.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Nah, that's how all Italians are.
            Vaffanculo, putanna!

Comment

• Go get me some meatballs.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Go get me some meatballs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shit Dickface View Post
                  Velvet Goldmine! Really good so far.

You never saw it before?
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    Ground up restoration from the original film negative. Just like they did with Pinocchio and Fantasia. Same team is getting to tackle Cinderella in the Fall.
                    Cinderella?! That's one my favorite. Yay!
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Anyone seen the BAMBI bluray that can comment on its quality? One of my favorite Disney films.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Go get me some meatballs.
                        Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                        Oh, well done. Well done indeed.

Comment

• Tron Legacy

I'll hold my hands up and say I enjoyed the hell out of it 2nd time round. Absolutely stunning looking and the visual and aural design of the whole endeavour helps paper over some extremely flat dialogue and patchy internal logic. Truthfully, the one obstacle the film can't overcome is The Curious Case of Little Lebowski effect. Perhaps inside the virtual world, his plasticity would make sense and maybe even add to the design, but when its merely a young Bridges effect in the film's backstory, it looks like a cutscene from a PS3 game. Again, fine if you're dealing with Clu, but not 80s-era Flynn.

A realisation I had though - if there has to be one, give the keys to the live action Akira movie to Joseph Kosinski. He can bring along Garrett Hedlund (Kaneda), throw in Ezra Miller (Tetsuo) and if he can sweet talk Bridges into playing the General, even better. It won't make a lick of narrative sense and it will look fucking spectacular, just as an Akira movie should be.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• War Horse

Curious as to people's opinion of this. Everyone I know over here that saw it was disappointed. I think it was just old fashioned. There's nothing really wrong with it, its just made to a template that isn't followed much anymore. If Spielberg could have shot it in sepia, I'm sure he would have. Needless to say, it looks incredible at times - when you put Kaminski and Spielberg together, there's always gonna be something worth looking at. The classic Spielberg shot here involves a windmill and that's all I'll say, but the shots following Joey bolting across fields or through trenches are glorious. Special mention has to go to the integration of digital effects shots. There were sequences that I knew had been created in a computer and I just could not see the seams or trickery at all - some of the most invisible effects I've seen in a while.

Overall, I liked it - its a really good film. I just think many were turned off by its openly emotional content.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              War Horse

Curious as to people's opinion of this. Everyone I know over here that saw it was disappointed. I think it was just old fashioned. There's nothing really wrong with it, its just made to a template that isn't followed much anymore. If Spielberg could have shot it in sepia, I'm sure he would have. Needless to say, it looks incredible at times - when you put Kaminski and Spielberg together, there's always gonna be something worth looking at. The classic Spielberg shot here involves a windmill and that's all I'll say, but the shots following Joey bolting across fields or through trenches are glorious. Special mention has to go to the integration of digital effects shots. There were sequences that I knew had been created in a computer and I just could not see the seams or trickery at all - some of the most invisible effects I've seen in a while.

Overall, I liked it - its a really good film. I just think many were turned off by its openly emotional content.
                              A great score, too.

Comment

Your Highness.

I really enjoyed it. Franco and McBride work well together. Theroux was nice and skeezy and the practical creature effects were pretty awesome. I liked how straight they played it for the most part. Portman was decent like usual and I loved the guy that played Courtney.
                                Finally watched this over the weekend, and couldn't get into the flick at all. The comedy just... just... failed on damn near every level. Franco, McBride, Theroux, Portman - they tried. Bless 'em, they really tried. But the performances still seemed forced here and there, and quite a few of the jokes were telegraphed so badly that whatever humor there was got sucked out too damn quickly.

I will compliment the film on the practical effects and the design work, and Portman was damn fetching, but on the whole, the film didn't deliver for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X