Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahah.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Drive. Movie is still fucking awesome. I need to buy the Pusher Trilogy, I never got around to the second before Netflix yanked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        Really? Wow. He's dead, right?
        Apparently so. I did not know that. And Sexy Beast must have been his final film. Shame.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Finally opened my LOTR BD's. Goddamn I love these movies. Galadriel's opening monologue makes me feel like the crawl in Star Wars used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Finally opened my LOTR BD's. Goddamn I love these movies. Galadriel's opening monologue makes me feel like the crawl in Star Wars used to.
            Big time. Fellowship is still my favourite, by a long stretch.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I absolutely adore FOTR, but the EE's went a looooong way to making TTT and ROTK near equals. The theatrical cuts of both of those films suffered horribly from the edits. What I want now is 4K TV's to become affordable, so I can see this shit up res'd.

Comment

• Two Towers is the most improved by the extra scenes, but ROTK - while containing some of the most stunning imagery of the series - doesn't quite pack the emotional punch that it should.

Comment

• Two Towers definitely got the most help, the theatrical is so scattered and hard to follow. The one scene in ROTK that always kind of brings things to a halt for me is the boat arriving with the ancestor's spirits. It just doesn't work for me, with the ghosts acting like ants scurrying across the battlefield and all of that. Everything else works for me though. Noble is incredible. The Mouth of Sauron might be the creepiest thing on film in the last 10 or 15 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Two Towers definitely got the most help, the theatrical is so scattered and hard to follow. The one scene in ROTK that always kind of brings things to a halt for me is the boat arriving with the ancestor's spirits. It just doesn't work for me, with the ghosts acting like ants scurrying across the battlefield and all of that. Everything else works for me though. Noble is incredible. The Mouth of Sauron might be the creepiest thing on film in the last 10 or 15 years.
                    I could watch Jackson's spazzed out demise on a loop.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't think I ever finished the EE of ROTK. I should block out eight hours in my schedule to watch it.

Watched THE SWITCH last night as I guess my wife put it in the queue ages ago. Surprisingly not awful. Sure, in real life such a situation would end in tears and lawsuits but Teen Wolf Too was good and the little kid was entertaining enough.

Comment

• 50/50 Enjoyed it JGL is good as usual. Howard's character is such a bitch. But so smangable. And Rogen grates on me as usual but to a lesser degree I guess. I'd recommend it IF you can get by Rogen. He's just hitting that Ben Stiller place for me where I just cringe when I see the motherfucker.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• 50/50 is legit as fuck. Still don't get the Rogen hate except the fact that he got overexposed (along with every other Apatow hitched actor).

Comment

• Like I said, Ben Stiller zone for me. I feel like every time I turn around I see that mofo. For me he's better in small doses. I still dug the movie. And therapist lady = nnnnnnnnnnggggggh
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Seen Up In The Air? She's great in it too.

Comment

• Not yet but it's coming up in my netflix.

Comment

Working...
                                X