Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, I was like WTF did it turn into soup or something?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      I know, I was like WTF did it turn into soup or something?
      Google Encephalitis. Also read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        Bridesmaids. Started really strong then went down the same stupid path all comedies seem to take anymore. Getting all uncomfortable and serious. Kills the funny.
        I enjoyed it, but you're right.
        Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
        WERD. Still don't get the stupid amounts of love for that movie. Too long, not that funny, and TOO LONG.
        It was funny, but you're right.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Like Ben, I liked Bridesmaid, but it has flaws.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The first 35 -40 mins or so are pretty funny. The rest is standard bullshit.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Grey

Awesome. Neeson is officially the hardest substance on Earth (fuck adamantium) and my celebrity deathmatch fantasy is basically Neeson vs EVERYONE. However, the ad guys really screwed us over by including the miniatures-strapped-to-hand sequence in the trailer. This ain't a film about Neeson punching wolves. Its a film about everything I'm scared of killing a bunch of dudes. And its a damn good film, but it ain't the film they're trying to sell us. Naughty, naughty ad guys. Well done, Carnahan.

Glengarry Glen Ross

Amazeballs. Time cannot diminish the perfection of the performances from everyone involved and I still maintain that James Foley got a handle on Mamet's dialogue better than even Mamet tends to when directing (see the scenes between Arkin and Harris for proof; then watch the scenes between Mantegna and Macy in Homicide and tell me Foley doesn't nail the rhythm and nuance of the dialogue).

Sexy Beast

History will show that this, once considered a Guy Ritchie knock-off, is the best of the millenium-era Brit gangster films. Clocks in under 80 minutes and is an exciting, gripping ride the whole way. Hilarious, scary, stylish and seemingly about more than just cockernee dialogue and violence. We need more Jonathan Glazer films.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• One thing I will say about Bridesmaids - I really liked Chris O'Dowd throughout and am looking forward to seeing more from him in the next couple of years.

Comment

• Totally with you on GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS and SEXY BEAST. Those hold up like motherfuckers, especially GGR.

Everyone that I know who saw THE GREY hated it. Not just the ending, either. It's gonna be a polarizer.

Me, I watched NORTH BY NORTHWEST last night on blu. Awesome. Grant is so fucking cool and suave in this film. Looks phenomenal on blu.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sexy Beast is fucking awesome. It pays Kingsley debt of making shitty movies between that and Hugo.

Comment

• I was severely disappoint to learn that The Grey ain't Liam Nesson fighting wolves.

Comment

• Kingsley: He's 90% of the reason the film works. He's a vortex at the centre, spinning the beginning and end into awesomeness.

Comment

• Don't short change Winstone and McShane's work, though. They deliver the goods and provide good foils for Kingsley to do his work.

Kingsley, though. The man is in a whole other league in this film.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Sexy Beast is a mix between UHF's Gandhi II and a mobster flick.

Comment

• I get the feeling that SEXY BEAST is his apology for SPECIES.

Comment

• SPECIES is great.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X