Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Steel.

Loved it. The robots kicked ass and the fight scenes were pretty great. Yeah it's predictable as fuck (it's Rocky basically) but Jackman was good and the kid wasn't bad.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      No, he really isn't. Dude should be dead by now. He rocked it in this. Him on the mounted machine gun was lulzworthy.

That movie was so fucking underwhelming that it felt like it was made on a dare.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I thought it was a continuation of their show but with an actual point for being a flick. Different strokes.

Chef Goldblum = awesome

And the mother was cracking our shit up.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Catfish

I don't know how much might have been recreated or called into question, but I don't realy care. That is one fucked up documentary about life on the internet. I wonder how many times I got called into a similar situation and didn't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Catfish

I don't know how much might have been recreated or called into question, but I don't realy care. That is one fucked up documentary about life on the internet. I wonder how many times I got called into a similar situation and didn't know.
            While ultimately I liked the film, initially I felt unfulfilled and lied to by it's marketing campaign.

Comment

• I know nothing about its marketing campaign, I pretty much avoided it because I wanted to not have a spoiled experience for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I know nothing about its marketing campaign, I pretty much avoided it because I wanted to not have a spoiled experience for once.
                It didn't spoil the experience, it just portrayed the climax deceptively.

Comment

• Paranormal Activity 3. Pretty damn scary actually. "Toby" freaked me out a few times. SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE.

There are at least 3 scenes that got my hairs to stand up on end. Poor Lesley couldn't sleep last night haha.

Comment

• Is it on Instant? I know the first two are.

Comment

• no we got it on demand for like 6 bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Lord of the Rings - Extended editions, on blu.

There have never been films quite like these and, thanks to the circumstances under which they were made, the time they were released and the source material, there likely never will be again. This is the reason The Hobbit doesn't feel so exciting - as good as it is likely to be, the filmic landscape has changed in the past decade, largely due to these films and the likelihood of recapturing that magic is very slight.

These are reference quality discs, as well. Easily in the top ten best looking and sounding titles I own.
                        Told you they were amazing on blu.

I agree...it really was the perfect storm back in 2001-2003 for these films to get released. The world just seemed primed for that kind of film experience. The new HOBBIT films feel like product.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• First, a catch-up commentary of sorts.

Yes to Guy Pearce, James "top o' the morning to ye" Cromwell, and just about everything else in L.A. Confidential.

Carried on my anime exploration a little.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Eh. Too many "looks" juxtaposed in a film in lieu of anything more substantial. Dodgy dialogue. A few decent set-pieces (the train battle/compound escape.) Otherwise, I don't see what all the fuss was about.

Redline

I know I'm supposed to feel like this was the most visually stunning thing ever, but I just didn't get into it at all. The level of design and animation skill on show is impressive. However, no amount of technical prowess can detract from how boring the rest of it is. I couldn't muster any investment in either the story or characters because the film seemed so preoccupied with dazzling me. That's all well and good if it's all you're watching it for, I guess, but I want a little more from my films than just a demo reel straight out of a video game.

This is in no way a dig at anyone who said before they enjoyed the film. I just prefer a more traditional animation style than this - warmer lines, not so stark and highlighter bright as this - so I couldn't even enjoy it on a "background noise"/eye candy level alone. Not to sound like too much of a whinger, but part of me thinks "man, what a shame all those talented artists spent 7 years on this." If there was a story and a focus to match that investment, it could have been special.
                          Last edited by Bobby Bear; 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• You can say the same thing about all Anime that isn't Miyazaki for the most part.

Comment

• On the plus side, I ended up watching Eagle vs Shark as an antidote to all that disappointing anime. Probably the most refreshing rom-com I've seen in ages.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Just when Bobby starts making sense, he says something to annihilate the good will he labored to create.

(I was not a fan of EvS. No siree Bob.)
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X