Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door.

Bad. Terrible. Awful. Dumb. Contrary to anything interesting or engaging.

Not to take away from the fact that it is a sensationalized take on a true crime, holy hell is the matriarch a ridiculous caricature.

The most disturbing thing about it all is how at a certain point (the introduction to the basement setting), little of what the cast of characters (who have been established before now as being relatively normal) do makes any fucking sense.

An exercise in first year screenwriting idiocy.

William Atherton deserves better.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I blame the fact he has no dick.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• THEY CAUSED AN EXPLOSION
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wow, did the Oscars ever fuck it up on 50/50. If I was the type to make best of lists there's no chance it wouldn't be all up on that shit.

Comment

• Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie.

Gotdamn. Ceej and I just watched this flick. It was something. I think I kind of loved it.

Robert Loggia is a goddamn pimp.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, SHRIM. OH MY GAWD THE SHRIM.

Comment

• Last night I bared witness to

The Three MusketeeeEEEEEEEERSBOOMEXPLOSIONSTEAMPUNKBOOMKAPOW SNIKTBUBSNIKTSNIKTBAMFSKEETSKEET Edition.

What in the hell was that? How was it financed? Or more importantly, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

It was the dumbest movie I've seen since Michael Bay stepped on the scene to dumb it down. Paul DUB-STEP S. Anderson took the DUMB ACTION TROPE Playbook, threw it's spooge-smeared, wadded up pages at the wall, and this was the result.

There's even a hallway laser evasion scene but with STRING! It's amazing. So amazingly dumb, there were times where I had to avert my gaze and collect myself, whispering the mantra "Yeah, that just happened," over and over.

I'm not even going to try to describe it, as the plot is so convoluted and idiotic it doesn't even make an iota of sense. Fuck. My head still hurts.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-28-2012, 12:23 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You mean not even Milla's acting could save it??

Comment

• Sounds awesome.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                      You mean not even Milla's acting could save it??
                      No amount of tucking keys into her giantnipplecleavage nor innuendo-stricken dialogue could do it. In some warped way I respect it for lacking any and all pretense to the contrary.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                        Also, SHRIM. OH MY GAWD THE SHRIM.

Watched it and all I have to say is that Robert Loggia is way too good for that shit.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• No, he really isn't. Dude should be dead by now. He rocked it in this. Him on the mounted machine gun was lulzworthy.

Comment

• Also, the Johnny Depp stuff was fucking great. We were wayyyyy too gone to realize what was going on until they explained it.

Comment

• Lord of the Rings - Extended editions, on blu.

There have never been films quite like these and, thanks to the circumstances under which they were made, the time they were released and the source material, there likely never will be again. This is the reason The Hobbit doesn't feel so exciting - as good as it is likely to be, the filmic landscape has changed in the past decade, largely due to these films and the likelihood of recapturing that magic is very slight.

These are reference quality discs, as well. Easily in the top ten best looking and sounding titles I own.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I still haven't cracked those open. Brittany and I need to both clear our calendars and have a day of LOTR and nothing but.

Comment

Working...
                                X