Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the big wet blanket on Russ over here!
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ninja Scroll sucks and will continue to suck long after I am dead.

I will not apologize. I have been to the Bikini Car Wash. I have been to the mountaintop.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ was raped by a stealth ninja disguised as a hedge.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'm not The Tick. Nor Arthur.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• He's the Deadly Bulb. Ignore the leg...

Comment

• Bikini Car wash oh maaaaaan I used to to that as an early teen.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Word.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I used to love seeing Bikini Carwash in TV Guide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    For what it's worth, NINJA SCROLL is still a fucking blast.
                    Fuck yeah!

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post

I've not seen Ghost in the Shell in what must be a decade, at least. I'm really curious to revisit it now, though, since I remember it even worse than the rest of the board remembers Akira. It always felt aesthetically beautiful but far too lightweight and heavy-handed on the narrative/dialogue front. Worst of all, it seemed to take forever to finish and it was only about 75 minutes!

Thanks for the shout about Redline, though. I'd never heard of it before and I was going to ask for superior anime recommendations.
                    Ghost aged very well.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    Everyone take a drink.

Martin waxed hyperbolic.
                    Nope.

I kinda "like" Speed Racer, but Redline is what Speed Racer tries so hard to achieve visually. Redline is a superior movie in every way.

And it doesn't have a fat kid and his retarded monkey as a bonus!

But again, I don't hate Speed anymore.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

I loved the premise. The execution was not what I was expecting, but I was thoroughly entertained by Tudyk and Labine as the titular characters. Comedic gore with a heart of gold.

Shalit says "You'd have to be evil to not love this movie!" **trombone**
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

I loved the premise. The execution was not what I was expecting, but I was thoroughly entertained by Tudyk and Labine as the titular characters. Comedic gore with a heart of gold.

Shalit says "You'd have to be evil to not love this movie!" **trombone**
                        Watched this one too, and was thoroughly entertained. And yeah Tudyk and Labine were aces.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hey. Bobby.

I got your back, Akira-wise. There's enough been said about the film, so I won't go on, but I got the blu for Christmas and its a damn good film.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Double post due to nuclear fallout.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              Hey. Bobby.

I got your back, Akira-wise.
                              Good man! How's it look on Blu? I was looking at the tin edition in HMV again the other day. Sorely tempted, but am I right in thinking it's bare bones? I still have the 2 Disc, first edition of the DVD (not even the one with the traditional poster cover) and at least it has a doc and a few other scraps on there.

Such a wasted opportunity with all these lackluster releases of the movie. It's just crying out for a Mark Kermode style doc (such as the one from the Alien Anthology set) about the film's legacy and its impact on anime, breaking it in the West, etc.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• There's a very nice booklet that goes into the design aspect of the film and how it helps tell the story and its themes. Lovely stuff. And yeah, there's a doc but that's about it.

The film itself looks great - its never gonna benefit from the digital boost something like Rango gets on blu, but it looks as good as it is ever going to. And that's good enough for me. I forgot how good the sound design on the film is. And yeah, the film's makeup isn't as messy as I used to think it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X