Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters 2 with the kiddo.
    “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• CYRUS- Holy shit, whoever did the marketing for this did not watch the movie AT ALL. I thought this was going to be a weird but funny movie about an Oedipal Jonah Hill. Instead it's an almost depressing slow motion car crash with seriously damaged people. Jesus.

Comment

• Cyrus is awesome and I will never watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Cyrus is awesome and I will never watch it again.
          That
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Brotherhood was so promising, guys, but there were too many half-baked notions tossed in. The loss of focus became stultifying.

I couldn't even enjoy it as a goofball action movie with period attire because it took itself so seriously. Where, to paraphrase C. Montgomery Burns, was the heart?

If you're gonna do style over substance, you better be prepared to deliver. I'm talking Ryan Gosling in Drive style levels here. Ultra-flat archetypes and tawdry metal video photography (all the oh-so-in-your face angles and cuts...) just won't suffice.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Bobby: try watching BOTW with Van Halen playing. You'll laugh.
            I can see the logic in that, but I'd probably enjoy closing my eyes and imagining my own version of that film whilst listening to V.H. better, to be honest.

As for logic/plot holes in Akira, its pros so outweigh its cons that I just can't be mad at it (even if some of it makes me laugh when it isn't meant to.) There are just too many classic set-pieces or touching dramatic moments to not let them slide, I think. Ambition of that film's magnitude warrants extra slack in my book, especially when it's brought so charmingly to life.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Lola View Post
              Ghostbusters 2 with the kiddo.
              "He is VIGO! You are like the buzzing of flies to him!"

("Oh, but I wooo'd...")
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• We went from that to a movie called Lifted on Netflix. Omg,my daughter and I were both in tears. Bawled our freakin' eyes out,I tell ya!
                “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• I liked Akira when I was 14. Just like I liked Andrew Dice Clay.

Then I grew up. Every attempt to rewatch it ended in failure.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I liked Akira when I was 14. Just like I liked Andrew Dice Clay.

Hit the nail on the head, my friend. Tip of the hat to you.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I liked Akira when I was 14. Just like I liked Andrew Dice Clay.

The first time I saw Akira I was 19. I never got to enjoy those years of ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        The first time I saw Akira I was 19. I never got to enjoy those years of ignorance.
                        You and I both fren. You and I both.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                          Akira
                          touching dramatic moments
                          Pick one.

It's a truncated, garbled mess. A litany of concepts that don't even attempt to tell a cohesive story or construct a single character worth caring about. Ambition it has, for what, who the fuck knows?

And before the OIDF (OIrish Defense Force) comes in with guns blazing, if you enjoy it for the attempt at animated surrealism, fine. I can't stand it, frankly. Or the mongoloid children it helped to spawn.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-16-2012, 10:57 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Akira's 2 touching dramatic moments:

"TETSSSSSSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"KENEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

There's half the movie's dialogue right there.

Comment

• The Phantom Menace

Still is an ok movie at best, with the pod race and the Maul sequences to elevate this above the mediocre status it has without them.

Ever wondered at what age someone like Jar-Jar Binks? Well, he works well on 1 and 3 years old so far. But at least the son demands to rewatch the 2 scenes mentioned above...

Comment

• I hate the fucking pod race. Encapsulates everything bad about Lucas.

Comment

Working...
                                X