Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goddamn that sounds interesting as fuck.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
      goddamn that sounds interesting as fuck.
      Next up for Rob, the tantalizing 16 hours documentary on sock sewing.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
        See, I thought it totally did. It was so completely "Oh, white lady, we're so grateful you wrote a book for us, you're wonderful, we're just downtrodden black maids!" The whole fucking movie was about Emma Stone and Bryce Dallas Howard, when my understanding was that it would be about the stories the maids had to tell.
        yep, this
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
          goddamn that sounds interesting as fuck.
          Agreed.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
            http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/De...?trkid=2361637

Comment

• thanks man! Just added that.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I don't haz Netflix....

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I don't haz Netflix....
                  http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Water/dp/B004EC8IMM

Comment

• thx!

Comment

• Both of you are welcome.

Comment

• Dear "Obsessed":

"Fatal Attraction" and "Play Misty For Me" called. They want you to realize that they'll always be the best crazy stalker movies, and for you to go to your room.

No love whatsoever - I mean, really.

Lisa

So yeah, I watched that piece of crap last night and the only reason I waited till now to mention it is because I only just remembered. Wowza. Just dull as hell from beginning to end, and I was hoping the final "epic battle" between Beyonce and Ali Larter would be good, but it was so slow. I mean, one would punch the other one, and then they'd actually pause for a second, and then the next punch would be thrown. It was like they were beating each other up inside an invisible vat of molasses.

Plus, newsflash - when you show us in the first scene how Beyonce is going to kill Ali Larter, you have epically failed. "Hmmm... an extended focus on the structural faults with the attic floor, followed by menacing music... and we haven't even met the crazy stalker lady yet. And it's the first five minutes of the movie."
                        Last edited by Lisa; 12-30-2011, 03:29 PM.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Where does Extremities rank on your list of vengeful stalking movies? The tables are turned a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                            Where does Extremities rank on your list of vengeful stalking movies? The tables are turned a bit.
                            Oh, I freaking LOVE "Extremities"! First of all, I know Farrah got all sorts of "Hey, she can really act!" acclaim for "The Burning Bed", which was well deserved. But she did "Extremities" shortly after, and I don't think a lot of people saw it. She was really great in it, and it just sort of cemented the fact that the former giggly blonde sex kitten of the 70s could really act. Plus, she did the role on Broadway before that, so it became a pivotal role for her in more ways than one.

One of the interesting things about the story is that the three female roommates all have three different points of view about how the rapist should be handled.

I'm not sure if you read the story about how William Mastrosimone came to write the play. A female friend of his had been raped inside her home by an intruder. He beat her badly, raped her, and to my recollection, the police did nothing. I think they either never caught the guy, or he was never convicted. The woman became paranoid, scared to go out - after all, the guy knew where she lived - had to quit her job due to the psychological trauma. She eventually left that city to try and start over again somewhere else. Mastrosimone was seeing her off at the airport, and as he hugged her goodbye, she said to him, "You know - there was a moment when that animal was raping me that I thought I could get away. There was a lamp within reach, and I thought, 'Just grab it, smash him over the head, and run'. But I was too scared. I thought, 'What if I don't knock him out? What if I don't hurt him badly enough? He'll kill me'." She said she kept replaying that moment in her mind over and over again, and she finally said, "Now? I wish I had just five minutes alone in a room with him. It would turn out totally different."

So he wrote the play with his friend in mind - I think there's a time for every woman who's been attacked or raped, thinking to themselves, "Now? Could I hit him? Hurt him? What if it didn't work and he kills me and not just rapes me?" He wrote it from the viewpoint about if his friend had just taken that moment and grabbed that lamp. He gave her as much of a different outcome as he could through the play.

A year after I saw the film, I was almost raped on a date. I'm fortunate enough to say "almost", because I fought like a mad woman till he let me go. I don't know how much seeing that movie influenced me to fight for myself, but it flashed through my mind once or twice during the incident.

Edit, because I realized I never answered your question. I don't see "Extremities" as much of a stalker movie. Needless to say, it's a great film, but she turns the tables on him because he tries to rape her. He breaks into her home and attacks her, so he gets what's coming to him. I don't view stuff like "Fatal Attraction" on the same level because those are more cautionary tales about cheating. Yes, Michael Douglas is a scummy husband. He deserves to be publicly shamed and probably divorced, but he doesn't deserve a lot of what's laid out for him in that movie.
                            Last edited by Lisa; 12-30-2011, 04:34 PM.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              See, I thought it totally did. It was so completely "Oh, white lady, we're so grateful you wrote a book for us, you're wonderful, we're just downtrodden black maids!" The whole fucking movie was about Emma Stone and Bryce Dallas Howard, when my understanding was that it would be about the stories the maids had to tell.
                              Well, the marketing was certainly awful. Maybe I gave some of it a pass because I assume everyone in the South was an awful racist. So having only one major a-hole (Howard) made it seem not so heavy-handed.

Comment

• BATTLE ROYALE- I know I'm way late to the party on this one but I really liked it. They build 'em hearty in this reality. I can't believe the number of rounds these kids would catch in the chestplate and still bounce up for one more salvo. Kitano is insane in this, too. It's too bad the subtitles on the discs (from Netflix) were AWFUL. Seriously, half the movie could be screencapped and put on Engrish.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X