Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
    He totally did. Colin played Jerry so "safe". Tennett made Peter Vincent work when the trailers made him look like the worst part of the movie. However, my biggest problem? We didn't get the "You're sooo cool Breewwsstteerrrr" line from Evil Ed. I know it's a lame issue but it bothered the shit outta me. I also hate McLovin a shit load. GET A GODDAMN SPEECH THERAPIST.
    I see no mention of The Poots.

You sicken me.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• She was a non entity.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That's a little unfair.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Not really. She had the same non entity role of Amanda Bearse but with added hotness and less lesbianism.

The stripper on the other hand...got damn.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Bearse's Amy was undoubtedly useless, a plot device with a name. Could have just as easily been a plank of magic wood that keeps Chris Surandon balls deep in turtlenecks.

Not the same thing with The Poots. Before I read of calls that I am "white knighting" or other nonsense, check the tapes.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• She didn't really do anything if I recall.

Spoiler: spoilurzez 
              she shoots Jerry and then gets bitten.

Comment

• Rob basically hates the movie because
                Originally posted by Rerbert Crazypants
                However, my biggest problem? We didn't get the "You're sooo cool Breewwsstteerrrr" line from Evil Ed.
                There's no reasoning with him.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Losers

Jason Patrick had some great lines. Most notably "Who wants to be a millionaire?!" (in reference to Slumdog Millionaire) and "Are you standing in a hole?" to a short henchman when he arrives at the meet for the payment to the Indian arms dealer.

Also, the sniper good guy looked like Anthony Kiedes.

Comment

• THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Fincher version).

Craig and Mara were adequate at best. Put Nyquist and Rapace in this same film and you'd have a 4 star picture.

Other things:
                    - Plummer and Skarsgard are fantastic. This is career best work out of Skarsgard, and I hope he finally nails a nom for supporting actor.
                    - The emotional core was surprisingly strong. I generally find Fincher to be very cold and distant, but this one surprised me by how drawn into it I was. Very nice.
                    The cinematography is outstanding. Much superior to the Swedish version.

In short: both versions are completely valid.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                      She didn't really do anything if I recall.

Spoiler: spoilurzez 
                      she shoots Jerry and then gets bitten.
                      Your recall is strangely transfixed on the last twenty minutes.

(I know B, there is no reasoning with him. But there is banging your head against the wall, which is an underrated experience.)
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-26-2011, 11:20 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just like his go to argument was "But that one guy doesn't say a line from the original thus fail."

Rherb's gonna Rherb.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The movie didn't fail because of that, but I was let down. The movie failed because it did absolutely nothing new, felt rushed and the use of CG was a bit distracting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
                            Your recall is strangely transfixed on the last twenty minutes.

(I know B, there is no reasoning with him. But there is banging your head against the wall, which is an underrated experience.)
                            What did she do? She performed the same duties as Bearse. Nothing more. Also, this is a weird flick to champion you guys. Was it better than it should have been? Sure. But that's not saying much. And I still stand by assertion that Tennett was the MVP of this, not Colin.

Comment

• WrongRherb is wrong. It's cool though. We've all been there.

Comment

• Please do tell why this movie is worth arguing over. I'll sit and listen.

If it's all about me not liking Colin in this as much as you guys I'll be fine with that, but if you actually think this is a good movie then should chat about it. Because it's not. And this isn't even a case of "OMG THE ORIGINAL IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER" because while the OG flick is good it isn't a sacred cow for me. While I really dug the practical effects in the first one and Evil Ed (I do really like the original Ed) I just felt that this was nothing more than a cash-in flick due to the hype over twilight and the love of vampires again.

Comment

Working...
                                X