Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Troy: what did you think of MI:GP? Just curious.

I fucking loved it. But, I've been a Brad Bird backer before it was cool to be one.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I hope...HOPE...that wom for this film makes it a huge, huge smash. The fucker plays amazingly well from start to finish. Again, the only real weakness is the fairly generic plot and the pretty lightweight bad guy, but those are pretty trivial complaints in the big picture of the film itself. Jesus, I want to see it again RIGHT NOW.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
        Bridesmaids: I think I would have liked this movie a lot more if I hadn't seen so much of the movie already so many times during the trailers.
        Now, it was different here - the trailers that ran around here showed mostly deleted scenes. It was really freaky - we saw the movie and said, "that wasn't in the movie". Didn't hurt any enjoyment for us, but a lot of it was different.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Brittany doesn't want to see Young Adult. I kind of think it's a better at home on BD movie, does it benefit at all from an empty matinee screening on a Monday?

Comment

• ALL movies benefit from an empty matinee screening. Just saying.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Just finished off the Swedish Millennium trilogy. They certainly can't sustain the level of the first film, but the second two parts are still decent enough thrillers.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Muppet Christmas Carol - damned if I don't cry during the Ghost of Christmas Future scene when Tiny Tim dies, even though they're Muppets!
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Cowboys and Aliens - Fright Night(remake) double feature

C&A was fun for what it was but my God that Harrison Ford?!?

Fright Night was fun as well and man was Colin Farrel having a shit ton of fun with that role or what?
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I love Colin. Always have. Glad people are finally seeing what I did.

Comment

• Oh I've liked him in other stuff, but he was just too much in this one. His eyes darting all over the place like a wild animal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Brittany doesn't want to see Young Adult. I kind of think it's a better at home on BD movie, does it benefit at all from an empty matinee screening on a Monday?
                        No real need to watch it in the theater. Just get to see The Theroness better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL

Easily, EASILY, the best of the four films. The plot is fairly trivial and the bad guy is a non-entity, but that's really about IT as far as flaws go. Every action sequence is well paced, well shot, and usually quite stunning to watch. Everything that you've heard about the Burj Khalifa sequence is true...it's a jaw dropper, worth the price of admission entirely.

Great, great fun. My wife and I loved it, and there was applause from the theater at the end. Highly recommended.
                          I was gonna go see this as I needed to see a good action flick. EXCELLENT NEWS. Happy Brad Bird is making a great transition.
                          Last edited by Martin; 12-19-2011, 07:08 AM.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watched Devil this weekend. Since it was written by M. Night Shamalamadingdong I wasn't expecting much and the reviews were horrid but we actually kinda dug it. Some decent tension through out the flick and it was better than I thought it was going to be. It's still kinda shitty but I like shitty flicks.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Cowboys and Aliens - Fright Night(remake) double feature

C&A was fun for what it was but my God that Harrison Ford?!?

Fright Night was fun as well and man was Colin Farrel having a shit ton of fun with that role or what?
                              Cowboys and Aliens was the worst film I saw this year (in the cinema, though I'm hard pushed to think of anything I saw that was worse, period). Just lazily plotted, nonsensical, a waste of a great cast and almost completely devoid of actual fun (Walton Goggins was great).

Looking forward to catching Fright Night on blu, looked like fun.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas
                                Cowboys and Aliens was the worst film I saw this year (in the cinema, though I'm hard pushed to think of anything I saw that was worse, period). Just lazily plotted, nonsensical, a waste of a great cast and almost completely devoid of actual fun (Walton Goggins was great).

Worst you saw? Or just worst you saw at the theater? Two vastly different things imho

Comment

Working...
                                X