Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand by opinion that Bean not getting an Oscar, let alone nomination, for FOTR is a fucking travesty.

Comment

• I loved the added scene/flashback between Boromir, Faramir, and Denethor. That should have been left in there for the simple fact that it helps to explain why Denethor has such a shitty attitude towards Faramir. It also packed the biggest emotional punch of TTT, in my opinion.

I'll also agree that the Ent stuff needed some tightening up. Those had some pacing issues that really needed to be resolved.

I got about an hour into TROTK last night. Might try to finish if off later on today.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        I stand by opinion that Bean not getting an Oscar, let alone nomination, for FOTR is a fucking travesty.
        He deserved an Oscar nom for his delivery of the 'they have a cave troll' line. It's a simple line, but his delivery of it just kills me.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• When he makes his deathbed confession to Aragorn I weep like a little bitch. My favorite two line deliveries are the "suffer so much fear and doubt" when he is holding the ring in the snow. And that look in his eyes too. Then when he is chasing Frodo while collecting wood and gives the "I ONLY ASK FOR THE STRENGTH TO DEFEND MY PEOPLE" fucking chills.

Comment

• "They took the little ones"

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Little did I know I'd come to root for the uruk-hai to annihilate Pip and all of the awful songs he would later sing. Take your second breakfast and shove it up your misbegotten he-cooch, halfling.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
              "They took the little ones"

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Little did I know I'd come to root for the uruk-hai to annihilate Pip and all of the awful songs he would later sing. Take your second breakfast and shove it up your misbegotten he-cooch, halfling.

Damn, Russ. Way to harsh on the hobbit, son. (sadly shakes head)

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - This was frickin' terrific, and the new version's got its work cut out for it. Great story, almost has a Silence of The Lambs feel to it in parts, and the way the story dovetails as secrets are revealed not only in the main story, but in many of the characters tales as well, was expertly done. Everyone delivered in spades, and the story kept you guessing, right up to the finale.

Eager to check out the sequels, especially if it means seeing more Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth. Great to see a woman take charge in a story.

Comment

• Noomi's gonna be a huge, huge star. She's gorgeous, has an edge, and can flat out ACT. Also, her name is exotic and kinda sexy by American standards. I wish her all the best as she begins her trek to become the IT girl in Hollywood.

Comment

• Yeah, having the name Nomi worked out well for her (thinking Showgirls). Yes, I know it's a movie. I couldn't resist the reference.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Also, if ya'll haven't read the books yet, then you should. They are actually quite good (despite the editing issues).
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• There's multiple Showgirls books?
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, the spastic pool fucking scene in that pop-out book helped it win a Caldecott.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YESSsssss
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Galaxy Quest. Still such a fucking underrated sci-fi flick. Allen and Ruckman are fantastic in it.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Galaxy Quest is impossible to get bored of.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Galaxy Quest is still the best Star Trek movie this side of Wrath of Khan.

And it has the best commentary track ever. Thermian, bitches!

Comment

Working...
                                X