Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redline

Holy mother of GOD. This movie just sneaked up in my top 5 of the year (hello Hanna! 13 Assassins! Attack the Block!)

Look. I now kinda like Speed Racer. Kinda. Despite the huge glaring flaws, it's fun. But there's this new kid in town, called REDLINE. That kid kidnapped Speed Racer, chloroformed that asshole, left him in the basement after assraping him for a whole year.

Redline is like Speed Racer. But on crack. Right after he took crystal meth.

It will titillate your optic nerves from the first image to the last. In fact, authorities around the world won't check the pulse of injured or dead people, they'll make them watch 10 seconds of Redline. If their eyes starts expending like mirror plates, you are alive.

Plot? Who gives a shit about a plot. It's an underground race set in the future. But the setting? Oooooooh so gushy. It's such a fun flick.

Seriously, even if you hated Speed racer, this manga is worth watching on Blu.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• To be more precise, Redline will be mentionned in the same sentence as Akira or Ghost in the Shell. It's THAT kind of manga. That defining.

But while not as dramatic as Akira (Kenedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!) nor as philosophical as Ghost in the Shell, Redline is pure fucking FUN.

A must own. I will soooooooooooo buy the Blu in January.

Comment

• *puts Redline on his list for Santa*

Martin, gotta agree with you on The Spirit - that whole flick was a fascinating shitstorm of Godzilla proportions. Slavishly similar to Sin City on a visual level, but nowhere near as cool as Eisner's material, it's painful for a fan like me to watch. I do agree that Jackson's costume changes were a hoot, and Johannsen wasn't too shabby either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
          In the film Stardust, Robert Deniro is gay.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Redline

Holy mother of GOD. This movie just sneaked up in my top 5 of the year (hello Hanna! 13 Assassins! Attack the Block!)

Look. I now kinda like Speed Racer. Kinda. Despite the huge glaring flaws, it's fun. But there's this new kid in town, called REDLINE. That kid kidnapped Speed Racer, chloroformed that asshole, left him in the basement after assraping him for a whole year.

Redline is like Speed Racer. But on crack. Right after he took crystal meth.

It will titillate your optic nerves from the first image to the last. In fact, authorities around the world won't check the pulse of injured or dead people, they'll make them watch 10 seconds of Redline. If their eyes starts expending like mirror plates, you are alive.

Plot? Who gives a shit about a plot. It's an underground race set in the future. But the setting? Oooooooh so gushy. It's such a fun flick.

Seriously, even if you hated Speed racer, this manga is worth watching on Blu.
            http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...postcount=2534

Comment

• In his defense Jeff, this is the What movie DID YOU JUST WATCH thread.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Think Jeff was just providing a link for people to see what Martin is talking about. That being said, I fucking hate anime.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah I was excited then until you said 'manga', so I'll stick with Speed Racer I think.

Has anyone seen Initial D? I'm tempted but it looks real cheap.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I still have a soft spot for Vampire Hunter D.

Probably because of Facehand/Handface eating dirt. It still evokes laughter whenever I think about it.

Silly as hell.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Yeah I was excited then until you said 'manga', so I'll stick with Speed Racer I think.
                      Redline is 100x better, really. And I grew really fucking tired of anime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                        Think Jeff was just providing a link for people to see what Martin is talking about. That being said, I fucking hate anime.
                        If so my bad, but with no context it's not easy to tell. Either way ugh to anime but I'll wait till others chime in and if it's that good I'll check it out.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Just pointing the way.

Comment

• Oh - forgot to mention. I'm not the only one behind on movies. I watched "The Untouchables" with George on Sunday, and it was his first time seeing it. I had to practically force him - for whatever weird reason, he was convinced he wasn't going to like it, the whole look of it didn't grab him, excuse excuse excuse. I was finally like, "I'm bringing over the DVD, and you're fucking watching it." And gee, guess who was right? ME! Besides, even if you hate 99% of the movie, you have to love the scene at the train station. Yes, I realize, it's a direct rip-off of "Birth of a Nation", but you still have to love how awesomely it's done - particularly Andy Garcia's whole contribution to that scene.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• It was referencing Battleship Potemkin.

Glad he liked. Otherwise we'd have words. Or at least I would.

(How could anyone hate that movie? It is bulletproof. Even Costner's mid-mortem one-liner is great.)
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-07-2011, 01:08 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ahh! My bad entirely - I keep confusing those two!

You know what's fun about that scene since it's silent? Is doing a play by play of the action as soon as it goes slow-mo. "Okay, you ready for this? HERE COMES ANDY GARCIA, whipping around the corner, a gun in each hand! He throws Costner a fresh gun, and SIMULTANEOUSLY throws his body under the baby carriage and holds Capone's man at bay with the gun in his free hand!"
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X