Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. The wife is a sucker for vampire stuff and I just couldn't see it being that good so I kind of vetoed it. She thanked me later.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• An exemplary use of your testicular autority over a bewildered thus weakened female.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I want to watch Hanna again this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I want to watch Hanna again this weekend.
          Totally re watchable flick.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's a good idea. One of the year's best - Joe Wright is interesting to me now.

I should probably watch Atonement really, but the double whammy of McAvoy (not a fan) and Knightley (even less so) really put me off. They have both delivered big time this year (X-Men - 60s Edition and the excellent Never Let Me Go, respectively) as has Mr Wright, so there's really no excuse is there?
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Hated ATONEMENT. Pretentious drivel with a twist ending that pissed me off. LOATHE. It does have one simply amazing shot in it, though.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I can't disagree with that assessment.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hmmmm, not so sure now. Really that bad? Empire loved it.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• My wife hated it even more than I did. The ending almost caused hee to throw her drink through the TV. It's a complete cheat, nullifying any investment that you may have had in the entire film.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Aside from the Dunkirk camera flourish, there wasn't much to be invested in to begin with. Holding the audience at arm's length the entire time, it pulls the rug out from under you to boot.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Hated ATONEMENT. Pretentious drivel with a twist ending that pissed me off. LOATHE. It does have one simply amazing shot in it, though.
                        Oh, MAN, I thought it was great!! I really really loved it once I realized it wasn't some sappy chick flick.

And I know what shot you mean.... when they come up over the hill on the beach?
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• That's the shot, Lisa. It's quite the technical and logistical achievement. All credit where credit is due on that.

I'm glad that you liked it and I'm fully aware that the film has its fans. More power to you. We really fucking hated it. Spoilers ...the plot in and of itself isn't bad, but the execution is very standoffish and disengaged emotionally. It doesn't help that neither of the lead characters is interesting in the slightest, and their romance isn't believable at all. The ending, where you find out that the entire movie was made up by the author in order to give them a happier ending than they got in real life, is.flat out insulting. THAT'S YOUR ATONEMENT? Give me a break.

Comment

• I like to think it ends with an old lady getting beat up.

/king of the world
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              That's the shot, Lisa. It's quite the technical and logistical achievement. All credit where credit is due on that.

I'm glad that you liked it and I'm fully aware that the film has its fans. More power to you. We really fucking hated it.
                                Spoiler: THIS IS HOW YOU DO SPOILERS DICK 
                              ...the plot in and of itself isn't bad, but the execution is very standoffish and disengaged emotionally. It doesn't help that neither of the lead characters is interesting in the slightest, and their romance isn't believable at all. The ending, where you find out that the entire movie was made up by the author in order to give them a happier ending than they got in real life, is.flat out insulting. THAT'S YOUR ATONEMENT? Give me a break
                              People, STOP BEING LAZY WITH THE SPOILERS!! You can't bitch at me for posting them if you can't be bothered to use the spoiler tags that Rob put in for us.

Comment

• In the film Stardust, Robert Deniro is gay.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X