Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
    But then something comes along on a day where you've just had your ass handed to you and in your need for elevation, you see this thing and you have the best and longest laugh you can remember.

And you realize you're watching Step Brothers.
    Since I don't have an unending source of rep, could someone cover me?

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    I really, really like A League of Their Own and Madge in it. She brings a very different but equally pleasing kind of sass from Lori Petty (who's also great in that flick.) Plus, there's the Geena Factor to consider.
    TRIVIA!! Did you know that "Betty Spaghetti" (the one who is notified in the locker room that her husband's been killed) is none other than Tracy Reiner, daughter of Penny and Rob!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      Mmmm... Geena.
      Yeah...

Originally posted by Bobby Bear
      Yeah, I liked what he brought to that show, but it wasn't enough to keep me coming back. Shame, too. I had big expectations for it, not just because of the cast.
      This season is just head and shoulders better than ever. It really didn't get into full swing until late last season. Now with Hodgman as a busboy with the creepiest rapevan-certified mustache ever storming the Dick Cavett Show, Ted Danson's daughter staking out a furry affair with Ames and a Fake Ames, and Ray banging Olympia Dukakis, it is on another level. Come back soon, Bobby.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
        TRIVIA!! Did you know that "Betty Spaghetti" (the one who is notified in the locker room that her husband's been killed) is none other than Tracy Reiner, daughter of Penny and Rob!
        Now, that I did not know! Thanks for the factoid, Lisa!

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
        Yeah....

This season is just head and shoulders better than ever. It really didn't get into full swing until late last season. Now... it is on another level. Come back soon, Bobby.
        Cheers, mate! I genuinely want to give it another go now.

If the early part of season one had been even half a star better than it was, I probably would have stayed the course. I just kept feeling like it was all style and no belly-laughs, to the point where I couldn't see it getting any attention were it not for the prestige factor. But if what happened with Hot Rod, Black Dynamite, and the band Foals has taught me anything, it's that I can be a tad quick to dismiss things sometimes; it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be the latest in a long line of rash judgements on my part.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Reflection is a wonderful thing.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Indeed. I'm not like that all the time, though. Those examples of knee-jerk vitriol are actually deeply ironic considering my normally ultra-cautious approach to pretty much everything, which borders on Costanza levels of fussiness at times if I'm being brutally honest.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• We're all Costanza about something. Just the other day, some guy was be-boppin' and scattin' all over the place.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                some guy was be-boppin' and scattin' all over the place.
                Just stop being awesome today, you! I have no more rep to give!
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Just payin' it forward.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Drive Angry.

Nicolas Cage is an escaped slave fighting oppression and paganism in Louisiana.

Amber Heard is an underwear model with whose life decisions mirror those of the average Maury guest.

That guy from that mob spoof starring Jay Mohr (Why?) with the hilarious cocaine problem plays David Koresh in a Camper.

I play a man at the end of his rope, watching it all unfold.

At least David Morse is still getting paid. William Fichtner deserved more screen time.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                      Drive Angry.

Nicolas Cage is an escaped slave fighting oppression and paganism in Louisiana.

Amber Heard is an underwear model with whose life decisions mirror those of the average Maury guest.

That guy from that mob spoof starring Jay Mohr (Why?) with the hilarious cocaine problem plays David Koresh in a Camper.

I play a man at the end of his rope, watching it all unfold.

At least David Morse is still getting paid. William Fichtner deserved more screen time.
                      I enjoyed it and I straight don't give a fuck if you didn't.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Bully for you.

In my assessment I found it was just a whole bunch of things that looked great on paper that did not coalesce into something enjoyable.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Eh, I will gladly admit it's not the smartest movie ever and there are times when it borders on full retard but for some reason I couldn't stop enjoying that dumb ass movie.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I enjoy implausible Lionel Richie-esque car-surfing as much as the next man, I just wish Nic Cage had brought his christmas ham persona to the carnival (ala Castor Troy, that guy he played in Deadfall, Bad Lieutenant, etc.). Here the stoic thing was in direct conflict with the tone that it kept me from entering the realm of the ridiculous.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That probably was the only thing I didn't quite understand. How in the fuck did he not go bat-shit when in supposed straight laced rolls he does?

Comment

• Cos he needs a Herzog-calibre director to gauge the tone for him.

I love Nicolas Cage. This is in direct opposition to the FACT that I hate - HATE - 90% of his product. But when he's on, he's on.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X