Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't know that.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Kubrick used tons of takes, but his abuse of Duvall is legendary.
      And deserved. Were I a director, I'd do the same thing.

Comment

• Gotta wonder how she got a career in film. She is seriously one of the ugliest women ever to walk the earth.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Didn't know that.
          Supposedly she had numerous break downs on set, which actually might have helped her performance given the subject matter.

Comment

Gotta wonder how she got a career in film. She is seriously one of the ugliest women ever to walk the earth.
            This link puts the blame on Altman, well and Houston for producing her.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Gotta wonder how she got a career in film. She is seriously one of the ugliest women ever to walk the earth.
              Having no gag reflex helps...

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                This link puts the blame on Altman, well and Houston for producing her.
                Fuck man I was going to let that detail slide by. But lulz to her being a cosmetic counter associate at Foley's.

Comment

• Being discovered at Foley's just seems so bizarre. Like WTF where they looking for?
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That pic of her is scary...

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Kubrick used tons of takes, but his abuse of Duvall is legendary.
                      Yeah, the making of was more interesting than the movie in my opinion.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I enjoy watching Jack's insanity build and figuring out what's in his head vs what's physically real. The imagery is fantastic and unsettling. It's not a particularly scary film, but it's unsettling as hell. I dunno...I just dig it.

Cool.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That 'making of' is a brilliant primer for the film. You appreciate what makes it great from the 20-odd minutes of seeing what went into it.

I think Duvall's performance is pretty great. I also think Kubrick took her to a place where, when she's good, she isn't really acting. But yeah, I wouldn't touch her with yours.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• It IS really bas when you spend the first act of the film marveling at her ugliness. It's mesmerizing to behold. As the story gets going it becomes less of an issue...thank Cthulhu.

Comment

• Gah! !!! Feldman eyes!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                                Yeah, the making of was more interesting than the movie in my opinion.
                                Welp.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X