Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    I think it's both of those issues, Billy. I hate so say it's because she's, you know, MORMON but yeah...

Anyway, everyone should follow Billy on Twitter 'cause that shit was killing me last night.
    Yeah I hate bringing up the Mormon thing because I don't want to hear "thats so cheap and easy" but come on, women don't get a fair shake at ALL in that religion.

Comment

• Contagion.

Very solid. I liked how information spread in the same way as the disease. Its a good film, I just didn't find it very thrilling. Cliff Martinez's score is aces though.

The Dragon Tattoo teaser went over like gangbusters.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Two weeks ago Ceej and I had a discussion about The Shining (which you can hear on the newest episode) in which I railed against it. I also admitted I hadn't watched it in a long time. I bought it on blu for Lesley and we just watched it last night. I still stand by my opinion that this movie is highly overrated. Not discounting the kickass steadycam stuff or the shots of the maze/Danny cruising around the hotel in the big wheel, this movie does nothing for me as a horror fan. In fact I like the original story more as it dealt with more of the paranormal stuff.

Feel free to berate me but just not a fan of this. Also, fuck you Shelly Duvall and Scatman didn't deserve that.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think it's a masterpiece of horror, but I have no problem with you not liking it. It's not for everyone, and that's fine. Different strokes and all that.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My only issue with that movie is Kubrick's biggest mistake ever. Duvall. She is fucking AWFUL.

Comment

• She's not awful...she's just ugly as hell and hard to look at. Her performance is fine...shrill perhaps...and it works perfectly against Jack.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I think it's a masterpiece of horror, .
                Why? Honestly curious here.

Is is the sound design? Do you place yourself in Jack's shoes? I didn't find anything in this movie to be horrific at all except for the naked woman scene and even that was just more unsettling than horrific.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This isn't Hocken levels of fail, but I'd be surprised if many would agree with you.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

She's not awful...she's just ugly as hell and hard to look at. Her performance is fine...shrill perhaps...and it works perfectly against Jack.
                    This. She's certainly more believable than Rebecca DeMornay in that awful King-approved remake.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post

Is is the sound design? Do you place yourself in Jack's shoes? I didn't find anything in this movie to be horrific at all except for the naked woman scene and even that was just more unsettling than horrific.
                      To answer this, I'd say for me it's the slow burn of him losing his shit and how utterly clueless she seems to it. Plus remote(i.e. NOBODY AROUND FOR DAYS) locations like that always creep me out.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post

I enjoy watching Jack's insanity build and figuring out what's in his head vs what's physically real. The imagery is fantastic and unsettling. It's not a particularly scary film, but it's unsettling as hell. I dunno...I just dig it.

Comment

She's not awful...she's just ugly as hell and hard to look at. Her performance is fine...shrill perhaps...and it works perfectly against Jack.
                          Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          This. She's certainly more believable than Rebecca DeMornay in that awful King-approved remake.
                          Really? I won't argue to the death over it, just shocked some people find her even decent in The Shining (or even Popeye wtf Altman). She's one of those actors that is just nails on a chalkboard for me.

When I read about Kubrick making her do 100 takes of a scene it's like yeah no kidding, it's SHELLEY DUVALL.

Comment

I enjoy watching Korben Dallas' insanity build and figuring out what gun he's about to use, and the brilliant intensity of Chris Tucker's masterful turn as Ruby Rhod. The imagery is fantastic and unsettling. I dunno...I just dig it.
                            fixed...

Comment

• He did that many takes all the time. Singling out Shelly on that is kinda unfair.

Comment

• Kubrick used tons of takes, but his abuse of Duvall is legendary.

Comment

Working...
                                X