Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    I really like the Swedish version, but I think Fincher's film is gonna be incredible. I'm not sure Rooney Mara is even competing to be honest - she seems to have a different take on Salander and I'm all for that.
    I appreciate that she's attempting a different take, but to me...at least in the trailers ...it looks like almost a complete imitation with the only noticeable difference being that she talks like she got a mouth full of cock.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      she got a mouth full of cock.
      *closes eyes*

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        the only noticeable difference being that she talks like she got a mouth full of cock.
        Um...

Your point?

Comment

• In honour of today's date (bonfire or Guy Fawkes' night in UK), I picked up V for Vendetta on blu.

I really think this is an incredible film. Unlike Watchmen, I'm not familiar with the source material here, so I can't say how it stacks up as an adaptation. If for no other reasons, the film is commendable for communicating some complex ideas and feelings as well as mountains of exposition and doing it gracefully, making it emotional and keeping it exciting. To this day, there are multiple sequences that send shivers up my spine or bring me close to tears. Even more interesting though is - in light of the change in government in the last year and watching the country gradually fall apart since, not to mention the rioting and protesting that has been going on the last few months - the political allegory and the way the film communicates a very simple notion: a feeling that something has gone very wrong at the foundations of our nation. That's a very real feeling for me and many Brits right now and the throngs of protestors in V masks taking to the streets to reclaim the country from the government is a very potent fantasy.

Got this in a 2 for £15 deal so... next up is The Last Boy Scout.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

In honour of today's date (bonfire or Guy Fawkes' night in UK), I picked up V for Vendetta on blu.

I really think this is an incredible film. Unlike Watchmen, I'm not familiar with the source material here, so I can't say how it stacks up as an adaptation. If for no other reasons, the film is commendable for communicating some complex ideas and feelings as well as mountains of exposition and doing it gracefully, making it emotional and keeping it exciting. To this day, there are multiple sequences that send shivers up my spine or bring me close to tears. Even more interesting though is - in light of the change in government in the last year and watching the country gradually fall apart since, not to mention the rioting and protesting that has been going on the last few months - the political allegory and the way the film communicates a very simple notion: a feeling that something has gone very wrong at the foundations of our nation. That's a very real feeling for me and many Brits right now and the throngs of protestors in V masks taking to the streets to reclaim the country from the government is a very potent fantasy.

As an adaptation, it's still quite poor. However, McTeigue still had a better understanding of the material than Snyder.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• God I love The Last Boyscout. The last half hour or so is absolutely ridiculous on a scale that only the 90s really could pull off.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Last Boy Scout is the perfect 90s action film. Love V as well. Haven't watched it in a long while.

Comment

• Sat through one of the Twilight movies with Brittany. Live tweeted my thoughts. Enjoy

http://twitter.com/#!/TosshiTX

Comment

• Nice. The appeal of Twilight to anyone over the age of 12 is lost on me. Full grown women who defend this shit up and down need to take a serious look at themselves.

Comment

• This killed me, Billy:
                      Riding back from Galveston?! Those are fucking mountains! JESUS CHRIST
                      I'm guessing you had to start drinking heavily around this point. I tried to watch this mess, but only made it 5 minutes in because I felt like I was being insulted.

Comment

Nice. The appeal of Twilight to anyone over the age of 12 is lost on me. Full grown women who defend this shit up and down need to take a serious look at themselves.
                        Yeah, Meyer was some CRAZY self esteem issues or some seriously fucked up views of the woman's place in a relationship.

And yes Tim, huge rolling goddamn mountains. When he is supposed to be coming back from an island port. That leads into the fucking bayou filled marsh that is Houston. Where the closest mountain is in EL FUCKING PASO.

Comment

• I think it's both of those issues, Billy. I hate so say it's because she's, you know, MORMON but yeah...

Anyway, everyone should follow Billy on Twitter 'cause that shit was killing me last night.

Comment

• I watched Crazy, Stupid, Love yesterday - it was pretty good, a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I'm happy to see Steve Carell in a non-Michaelesque type role. (But what I enjoyed even more was seeing Ryan Gosling without his shirt on for a while).
                            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

In honour of today's date (bonfire or Guy Fawkes' night in UK), I picked up V for Vendetta on blu.

The funny thing is that it's resonating over here in the states, too.

My wife and I both liked the film very much when we saw it in the theaters. I haven't seen it in a long time...need to remedy that.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I think that's being a tad harsh on V, Anderson. Ben summed it up very well, especially in terms of the current British political context. The film communicates, essentially, the same messages as the graphic novel, although it does it in a much more accessible/mainstream way; that might not have been the "best" approach for an adaptation, but it was probably the most punk rock one we were ever going to get for such an expensive film.

P.S. Hugo Weaving.

The Last Boy Scout is, indeed, fantastic entertainment. Milo was a fantastic sleaze-ball penultimate villain.

Re: Twilight - Kristen Stewart is my only source of interest, and even she wasn't enough to make me endure more than 5 minutes. That, my friends, is really saying something.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X