Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's to hoping they know how to write a coherent story when the inevitable redux comes.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Currently watching Phantasm 2. Do not remember 90 year old jawas being in this.
      Love 'em. And basically everything about those first two films.

A Jim Wynorski directed Phantasm instead of 3 or 4 would've gone down a treat with me; with a controlling idea along the lines of "what if Reggie was Bugs Bunny?"
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The four barreled shotgun made me erect.

Still does, actually.

Comment

• There were two "shoppin' for weapons" movies I remember from my kidhood: Commando and Phantasm 2.

Only one of these had a supplemental modification workshop sequence. Only one of them had the quadshotty. In this it set the bar in terms of ridiculously awesome outside-the-box thinking in regards to asskicking.

Arnold can keep his manlove for Bennett a secret, but I can't keep mine for Reg's d0rf destroyer from anyone.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'The Thing' (1982).

We all know it's great. The only thing new to add is that I didn't realize how good the dog actor is in the film until now. He's amazing in the first act.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched a movie on Instant last night... a western/comedy called 'Gunless'.

It was better than I expected it to be, but it was one of those movies. You know the kind I mean.

The ones with the bacony stench of Canada ALL over them...

Comment

• HAhahahahahaha, I almost watched that one yesterday, maybe sometime this week as I've made it my mission to spend all free time (allotted for TV that is) watching Breaking Bad. Which is good/bad. Good because the show is awesome, bad because I just want Skyler to die already.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The last week according to my review tracker:

Footloose (1984)
                  Footloose (2011)
                  The Thing (2011)
                  The Thing (1982)
                  The Thing from Another World (1951)
                  Harold and Kumar Christmas movie thing
                  The Wonder Years: Seasons 1, 2 and 3
                  Hot Rod
                  American Anthem
                  Monsters vs. Aliens
                  30 Rock: Season 5
                  Parks and Recreation: Season 3

(Baseball has been over for me since the Phillies and Red Sox went out)
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• American Anthem? Pre-Gretzky Janet Jones?

OK, I can see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      American Anthem? Pre-Gretzky Janet Jones?

OK, I can see that.

Yeah. We were making fun of Footloose and then Hot Rod came up. We were talking about all of the movies that Hot Rod made fun of and then we arrived at American Anthem. Apparently, I was the only person in the room that had seen it.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I want to to push for a best dog actor nomination for the dog from 'The Thing'.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                          There were two "shoppin' for weapons" movies I remember from my kidhood: Commando and Phantasm 2.

Only one of these had a supplemental modification workshop sequence. Only one of them had the quadshotty. In this it set the bar in terms of ridiculously awesome outside-the-box thinking....
                          This is without a doubt one of my favourite utterances - let alone posts - of all time. The only thing missing was a little "so when you go into your booth tomorrow, my fellow Americans, vote Balls Mahoney. Liberty, justice, and Bannister for all! Thank you and good night."

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          'The Thing' (1982).

We all know it's great. The only thing new to add is that I didn't realize how good the dog actor is in the film until now. He's amazing in the first act.
                          Totally. When someone talks up a performance on a commentary track, I sometimes find it really overblown. Like it reeks of friends patting their buddies on the back. But not with The Thing. It's so fantastic that you can genuinely say the dog injects soul into the performance without a shred of sarcasm.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          I want to to push for a best dog actor nomination for the dog from 'The Thing'.
                          That would go such a long way to restoring my enjoyment of that ceremony.

"To present the award for best dog actor, please welcome Academy Award Nominee Frank Langella and K-9 from Doctor Who."
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Just rewatched the entire Firely run.

Man, even if you don't like Whedon's other series, how can you hate that? Everything is pitch perfect. The cast is solid, and the chemistry between them is very palpable from the start. Why Fox shot this down from the start by airing the episode out of order is baffling, and I won't go into that tirade again, but still, wow.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hoping to break my wife's cherry on 'Ghostbusters' tonight or tomorrow night. If not, I may try and take her to the theater to see it on Thursday. Can't wait. I introduced her to 'Jaws' a couple of years ago and had an absolute blast watching it through her fresh eyes.

Comment

• Last night, Tenebre. Entertaining and often amusing late-night stuff. More great scoring which feels oddly out of place for the first few seconds, only to feel utterly perfect as the groove unfolds. John Saxon sure knows how to wear a hat.

Earlier, The Iron Giant. Finally. Really enjoyed a lot of this, but it felt a bit stretched out. Would've worked better at just over an hour. Still, gorgeous and filled with so much heart and some lovely voice work.

I appreciate that this might have been a more overtly "for the grown ups" choice, but I'd have preferred it to have ended with Hogarth going to bed with absolutely no prospect of that happy ending. It neutered the tremendously sweet and sad finale to pull the rug on us like that at the very end, I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X