Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better than 'Torque'?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      Is that the one with the MacGyver spoof scene? The home-made bulldozer or whatever it was? I also seem to remember a very hot redhead, although I could be confusing that with one of its siblings.
      Kathleen Robertson for the win, Bobby!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        R.O.T.O.R.

Holy shit to this flick. This is a goldmine of the worst best acting, sfx, music cues, and just over all badness. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. It's on instant until the 15th. WATCH IT, LOVE IT, LIVE IT.

It's like the director just threw anyone he knew into major roles. The main guy sounds as if he's dubbed and the fucking robot cop is fucking amazing.
        Time for the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon! Okay, long shot that you'd ever remember this post from last year in the "You Sound Fat!" thread, but here is is: http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...&postcount=209 - it's the one where I was advised by the dressing room saleswoman to basically develop an eating disorder and abuse laxatives for a couple of weeks to drop a few pounds. STELLAR ADVICE, no?

So, in that post, I mentioned a girl I was friends with from back when I was doing stand-up, a girl named Margaret Trigg, who died from exactly what this idiot woman suggested to me - from an eating disorder, laxative abuse, and a host of other problems.

And here's where the six-degrees comes in - Margaret was the female lead, "Sonya", in R.O.T.O.R.! Yup, I was friends with that girl in this bad movie that Rob is currently enamoured with! We weren't close buddies or anything, but we'd hang out together when we ran into each other at the clubs. She was a hell of a nice person, really crazy, and we unfortunately lost touch after I quit stand-up. So yup - that link within the link is the horrifying and cautionary tale of what happened to her. Remember - it's all fun and games until a friend poops themselves to death.

Rob, when you say it's on Instant, is that Instant on Netflix, or Movies on Demand on the cable system? I haven't seen it - I want to because Margaret was in it, but it's really super hard to find.
        Last edited by Lisa; 10-10-2011, 12:30 PM.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Yeah, Netflix. That poster looks really familiar. Is it a rip-off of something else? Or did something rip-off ROTOR?

Comment

• It ripped off Terminator and countless other sci-fi flicks.
            And it's on netflix Instant Lisa.

This guy was great. as was the Haggar wannabe.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ahh, crap, I don't have Netflix. I did, in my hey-dey over at DERP, but I just never got around to watching what they'd send me. Oh well.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• So Buttmang: Year One leaked. I lack the integrity to keep away from this sort of thing.

It has alright moments punctuated by unnecessary narration and pretty terrible voice acting (Cranston is great as Gordon, Ben "I AM A ROBOT...I MEAN BATMAN." Mackenzie needs to fuck off forever). The coolest part was how close they kept to the Mazzuchelli rendering of the characters.

In summation, culling an hour from Miller's uneven take was probably not a very good idea (well worn territory, and trimmed in the best ways possible already). If anything, it served as a reminder that Miller's dialogue and hard boiled bullshit is fucking terrible.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, Lisa. Even if you weren't mega-close like you said, it still had to hurt to find out. Really sad, especially given the circumstances.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  My bad, Bobarino! Had knockers on the brain!
                  No worries, mate! I was only messing about. Part of me thought it was intentional actually, a nod to my penchant for "admiring" posts about actresses if you will. Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Kathleen Robertson for the win, Bobby!
                  You know it, my man! Nothing against Shannon Elizabeth, but 2 definitely upped the hotness quotient.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Caught it on cable over the weekend, and man is that a glum ass movie. Depressing, and skirted a bit too close to horror territory in parts. The lighting and atmosphere - I'm getting a bit tired of blue filtering every damn scene. Yeah, dark time for our heroes, they're under stress, etc. but come on already.

Jen and I also spent a good deal of time wondering why so much of the stuff in the book was cut out. Yeah, pacing, gotta keep the story moving, but damn. A lot of the good stuff with Kreacher and Black's old home went out the window, and Kreacher became Exposition Man for awhile there. Also, missed the Rickman, apart from his very brief cameo.

Hope Part Two is better - probably would've enjoyed it more if I watched both flicks back-to-back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                      If anything, it served as a reminder that Miller's dialogue and hard boiled bullshit is fucking terrible.
                      this.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The accompanying Catwoman short is somehow worse.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I am the guy who likes the La Femme Nikita TV show
                          So YOU'RE the one!!!

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Tim, part two is better. However, don't expect to see an epic Battle of Hogwarts. Somehow they managed to drop the ball on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Tim, part two is better. However, don't expect to see an epic Battle of Hogwarts. Somehow they managed to drop the ball on that one.
                              Yep.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Started watching Phenomena before bed last night.

I was very tired and had to abandon it due to fatigue after an hour or so, but this was pretty disappointing all the same. The dialogue was incredibly clunky at times, an almost textbook definition of "on the nose." I dig the concept though and I hope it picks up towards the end.

It looked like a King Diamond video, especially during the murder/chase scenes, so that was an amusing surprise.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X