Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ending is what makes the film. Sam Neill just fucking nails it.

I'm not sure if there is any particular order to Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy... but I usually view that one second... preceded by Prince Of Darkness and followed by The Thing.

But that's just the way I roll... your mileage may vary.

Comment

• I just do 'em in release order. It seems to work well, what with the first assault on mankind by an extraterrestrial form, the second via a dimensional gateway of sorts, and the final being the last straw, where some asshole just had to open that gateway as wide as Belladonna.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Point of No Return

Perhaps you know this film by another name: The Assassin?

Or perhaps, like me, you think The Unbearable Cuteness of Fonda would have been a better title?

Very under-rated 90's genre fun. Bridget is note perfect throughout. She's equally convincing as the drug-addled street punk, "loose cannon", and polished covert agent. The dinner scene where Byrne poses as "Uncle Bob" speaks for itself. I miss seeing Miguel Ferrer playing this sort of slime-ball role.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Oh, and it essentially has Winston Wolf a year prior to his official arrival. Why is this not held in higher esteem?
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
            Point of No Return

Perhaps you know this film by another name: The Assassin?

Never heard of it called that before, Bobby. Love that movie though.

Comment

• The OG is superior in erry way.

Anne Parillaud is the ex-junkie, government-funded murdering pixie of my dreams.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• La Femme Nikita is superior to Point of No Return, this is true. But... c'mon...

If/when I become sultan and I get my harem, she's the first one I'm having delivered to my tent. Hell, I'll have me delivered to HER tent. After I'm washed and anointed with sweet-smelling oils, of course.

Like Booby said, Fonda delivered in spades, with nice character beats in a terrific performance. Shame it's been so long since she's done any acting, but she absolutely has the chops. Plus, Gabriel Byrne turned in solid work as her mentor/would-be suitor/could-be executioner. You could feel his inner torment in his last scene with her in the flick.
                Last edited by Timothy225; 10-09-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  La Femme Nikita is superior to Point of No Return, this is true. But... c'mon...

Just ask De Niro!
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• PoNR is decent, but yeah...LFN is a much, much better film. It's tight, it's lean, and it's mean.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• PARANORMAL ACTIVITY- Surprisingly good. A hell of a lot better than Blair Witch but that's not saying much. I think it affected me so much because my wife occasionally sleepwalks and does other weird stuff in her sleep. One time I woke up and she was standing on the bed looking down at me. Creepy as hell.

Comment

• I dug PA1 quite a bit, I hear that PA2 is good and part 3 is going to be the best of the batch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

Lesley, Howard... indulge, and have a nice weekend!
                          Thank you!! This reminds me that Vin just doesn't deserve to be in the same category as these other men... he should probably keep his shirt on, don't talk, and don't smile.
                          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• LOVED PA1, demands being seen with a decent sound system though.

La Femme Nikita is superior to Point of No Return in every respect. Hell, even the new TV show based on her is better than PoNR. Harvey Keitel was wasted in this flick, and it was retarded that he tried to kill Fonda. Utterly and completely missed the point of Victor the Cleaner's character from the original (whom, I might add, was played by Jean Reno, THE MUTHAFUCKING PROFESSIONAL!!)
                            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              LOVED PA1, demands being seen with a decent sound system though.

La Femme Nikita is superior to Point of No Return in every respect. Hell, even the new TV show based on her is better than PoNR. Harvey Keitel was wasted in this flick, and it was retarded that he tried to kill Fonda. Utterly and completely missed the point of Victor the Cleaner's character from the original (whom, I might add, was played by Jean Reno, THE MUTHAFUCKING PROFESSIONAL!!)
                              Mike, you smoking the good shit now? That TV show is utter balls. I know b/c my wife watches that shit. TURRIBULL /Charles Barkley.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Nathan wanted something in the "so stupid it's funny" category, so we watched Scary Movie 2 which he had never seen. Stupid? Yes, but I still got a chuckle out of a few scenes. Nathan, not so much.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X