Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Speaking of my wife...I was flipping around the other night and 'Ghostbusters' was on. It was early on in the film when they were all heading to the library. I commented to my wife how I absolutely adored this film...she floored me by saying that she'd never seen it.

NEVER seen 'Ghostbusters'. NEVER. She'd seen bits and pieces but never the whole thing.

Again, let that sink in...NEVER seen 'Ghostbusters'.

Time to bring out that blu ray and introduce her to awesomeness.
    That'll do for now, but you should also take her to see it when it's re-released in the theater - what date is that happening again? I can't wait. It was on last night, and it just peeked me out to see it on a big screen all over again.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Says...the 23rd of September?

That can't be right...

UPDATE: After much derpery, it says the 13th of this month is the rerelease date.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Figured I'd give a run down of current flicks.

The Warriors Way - decent artsy action flick but probably not worth another viewing.

Super - Holy Amazeballs was this awesome. Rainn Wilson puts in good work and Kevin Bacon is absolutely great as the sleazeball Jacques

Biutiful - Not quite up to the hype it generated in my opinion but a very good flick. Loved Bardem and really enjoyed it but probably less so because of the hype train

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - I hate to do this but I will admit when I'm wrong about something. I still think Revenge of the Fallen is fucking fail-tacular for many reasons but gawddamnit Rerb was right. THIS Transformers is the the Transformers flick I've wanted from day one. Are there things I would change from a geeky "I loved the cartoon" perspective? Sure but holy fuck that last 45 or so minutes was FANFUCKINGTASTIC. The second movie should not exist but I implore you all to watch this last one.

There, I have fallen upon the sword and admit Rerb was right about TFotM He's still wrong about all bewbs being the same though.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
          UPDATE: After much derpery, it says the 13th of this month is the rerelease date.
          Perfect! In time for the Halloween season!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 'Thor'. Watched the blu ray of it yesterday while ironing.

I liked it in the theater but wasn't blown away by it. For some reason, it played much, much better at home on my TV. It still has some pacing issues, but it's a solidly entertaining flick. It's really too bad that the best action scene is in the beginning of the film, but oh well.

The deleted scenes were interesting. I get why most of them were cut (pacing issues), but at the same time I think that many of them were essential. In particular, they really should have kept the early Asgard stuff (the scene pre-coronation with Thor and Loki, the introductory scenes for the warrior's three, and the pre-Jotunheim extended scene where Thor decides to go to battle) as they do a nice job of fleshing out characters. The scene between Loki and Friga where she tells him that he is now king should have been kept too. The rest...yeah, it deserved to go on the cutting room floor.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• deleted: double post.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sweeney Todd

Such a mixed bag. The design and the grand guignol aspect, the supporting cast, the photography, all these things are fine and Burton actually does a pretty good job of opening up the stage show onto the streets of London and beyond. And nothing can diminish Sondheiim's absolutely incredible songs. Johanna, My Friends and Pretty Women are quite simply three of the finest stage musical numbers of the 20th century.

But. Johnny Depp, while having a nice, understated Bowie-cum-David Essex quality to his voice falls way short on a couple of the really big moments and so his story doesnt have the heft or dramatic weight that it should. And Bonham Carter is flat out terrible most of the time. She looks and acts the part, but the songs that are led by her - no other director would have allowed it. At the very least, her singing part should have been dubbed, in my opinion. Its easy to forgive Alan Rickman the odd faltering note, because he's a supporting player and he's Alan Rickman. But when so much effort went into creating a gory, sombre, macabre story, sprinkled with the emotional weight of the Johanna sub-plot, its a shame that the moments where we should really feel Todd's rageful vengeance are let down by the lead not pushing hard enough or maybe not having the ability.

Still, the songs really are fantastic and the ending is actually close to sublime. Even with Depp in the lead, I'd kill to see what someone like Emma Thompson could have done with the part of Mrs Lovett.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  Transformers: Dark of the Moon - I hate to do this but I will admit when I'm wrong about something. I still think Revenge of the Fallen is fucking fail-tacular for many reasons but gawddamnit Rerb was right. THIS Transformers is the the Transformers flick I've wanted from day one. Are there things I would change from a geeky "I loved the cartoon" perspective? Sure but holy fuck that last 45 or so minutes was FANFUCKINGTASTIC. The second movie should not exist but I implore you all to watch this last one.

There, I have fallen upon the sword and admit Rerb was right about TFDotM
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• We watched X Men: First Class last night. I have to say I've never really been into the X Men movies - I mean, maybe the first one was OK, but the rest have been crap (IMO). I thought this one was one of the best actually - and I recommend seeing it if you haven't already. I give it 1.5 tampons. (Just because it's not really my type of movie and I wasn't absolutely floored by it).
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• X-Men 2 was crap Lesley? Come on! It's still the best super hero film out there.

Comment

• That'd be Spider Man 2. Thanks for playing.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think Spider-Man 2 is about half a point behind X-Men 2. So very close.

Comment

• How about I webslap your shit?
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm about to eat, after that I'll leave it in the toilet. Slap away.

Comment

• You fucking mutie-lovin' literalist
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X