Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
    Or they could just both be excellent on their own merits.

All I can say is that the last two months of that year were outstanding, film wise.

That and I miss the Magnolia. I miss the Angelika.

2007 was a fucking insane year.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Looking at the wide releases, I'm inclined to agree. There were some really great movies out that year. Or at least to me anyway.

Walk Hard, Bourne Again, The Lookout, Grindhouse, Zodiac, Sunshine, Gone Baby Gone, Razorblade Bathhouse, No Country, Daniel Day Lewis vs. Smug Twat in a Bowling Pin Match, Norbit. It hardly seems like it was nearly five years ago.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm weird I guess. I know There Will Be Blood is a great movie, but it never grabbed me whatsoever. I like No Country For Old Men better, but then a gain, both movies, which I know are masterpieces, aren't synching in with my brain.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I'm weird I guess. I know There Will Be Blood is a great movie, but it never grabbed me whatsoever. I like No Country For Old Men better, but then a gain, both movies, which I know are masterpieces, aren't synching in with my brain.
          *BROFIST*

I feel the exact same way. I barely made it through "TWBB".
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• *CHESTBUMP*

Same here. I knew it was a great movie, and damn is Daniel Day-Lewis a great actor, and his performance there is awesome, but the pacing was killing me... Christ...

Maybe it was an off night for me, but I know myself well-enough to know it ain't gonna change. Some ofthose classic I just can't get into.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              2007 was a fucking insane year.
              I forget who said it over at DERP (may have even been you, Troy), but I remember someone there calling 2007 "a cinematic blow job" (in a good way - not that it blew, but that it was amazing), which I loved that term, and it was totally spot on.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

*CHESTBUMP*

Same here. I knew it was a great movie, and damn is Daniel Day-Lewis a great actor, and his performance there is awesome, but the pacing was killing me... Christ...

Maybe it was an off night for me, but I know myself well-enough to know it ain't gonna change. Some ofthose classic I just can't get into.
                Adored NCfOM right away. TWBB is a movie that I respected more than liked or enjoyed. I need to see it again under different circumstances, I think.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I rewatched No Country last year, and I liked it way more. Not so much for TWBB.

Comment

Glorious. Yes, the plot is classic, but holy shit is that the standard Blu-Ray to compare all the others. I really don't get why they've cut Sully's opening sequence. It really grounds him way more as a character.

EDIT: YOU SPELLING RETARD
                    Last edited by Martin; 09-30-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Odd, almost everyone I know is very cool on No Country, especially compared to Blood. I personally adore both of them, but Blood, to me, is transcendent.

Comment

Glorious. Yes, the plot is classic, but hily shit is that the standard Blu-Ray to compare all the others. I really don't get why they've cut Sully's opening sequence. It really grounds him way more as a character.

THIS. THIS SO MUCH.

I fucking love that cut.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Thirded. I said it when the BR came out...that opening sequence on Earth absolutely makes the film for me. Now we care.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                            THIS. THIS SO MUCH.

I fucking love that cut.

haha, I am such a non-movie geek, I didn't even know there was such a thing as an extended cut for this movie :O Will be getting this this weekend!
                            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Also, Bourne Ultimatum? Not that hot. Was not crazy about how it ended, but I love that the same actress (who was the logistics co-ordinator for Treadstone in the first one) makes it all the way through the series.

Julia Stiles, would that you were near me looking all concerned n' shit...

They spend too little time in Ultimatum on how Bourne was created and far too much time on shoving CIA agents that apparently are Treadstone trained but are not actually part of Treadstone. It also got kind of laughable how often they used the "Hey you should get some sleep, YOU LOOK TIRED!"-Jason-Bourne-is-watching-you-OMG gag.

There was lots to like in the final film, but the second one felt like a better conclusion that the third one IMHO.
                              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Word.

Still had some great moments in it (that Tangier rooftop chase is amazing), but I agree, Blackbriar and Albert Finney OUT OF FUCKIN' NOWHERE was nowhere near as good as Chris Cooper flashbacks and the confessional with Neski's daughter.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X