Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll come as no surprise to fans of the Gilmore Girls that Melissa McCarthy can bring the funny.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      It'll come as no surprise to fans of the Gilmore Girls that Melissa McCarthy can bring the funny.

Gilmore Girls fans are also accustomed to shoving Snapple bottles in their rectum and clucking like chickens.

This can be filed under "Things Hocken Knows"
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• So Drive was pretty great, huh?
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          So Drive was pretty great, huh?
          I guess so. Maybe. Waiting for Jack and Jill to come out before I make my best of the year list.

Comment

• Wise.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Comment

• Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon

Comment

• I saw the end of the world and Kirsten Dunst's boobs.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                    I saw the end of the world and Kirsten Dunst's boobs.

What did you think of the ending? I've been sitting on this bitch for awhile.

Also, what about that Kevin flick? Outside critic rollout starts on Monday, so I probably won't get it until October.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• It was certainly much more straightforward than Antichrist, but no less of a visceral experience. Trying to put it into words, but the final image is overwhelming my capacity for rational thought.

Here's what I have so far:

I firmly believe Dunst wanted to marry that planet.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watched an episode of The Star Trek Animated Series yesterday.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I'd be fibbing if I said the obvious product placement didn't flag up with me before in Gilmore Girls, Anderson, but I can't give the show too hard a time about it when it's (still) so good. Rory and Lorelai had to eat, etc.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                            It was certainly much more straightforward than Antichrist, but no less of a visceral experience. Trying to put it into words, but the final image is overwhelming my capacity for rational thought.

Here's what I have so far:

I firmly believe Dunst wanted to marry that planet.
                            Same here.

What I couldn't get over was how this was Von Triers' best visuals in his career. Amazing looking movie.

Comment

• Absolutely.

That opening montage was particularly astounding (the triptych in that wide shot of the estate, for instance). I want to go back and just watch it for days on end.

Wagner was a fantastic choice.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Drive.

Well shot film in a throwback to that 70s/80s style where action is economical and dialogue is expended sparingly, but with the added effect of turning the raspberry jam cannon up to '11'.

I love the Michael Mann-esque fictional L.A. Whenever it is depicted, really.

The Driver is an fascinating sort of character, in that he is absolutely alien to everything and everyone around him. It's like he was beamed here from outer space to be a stunt driver/wheelman/white knight, with a cursory grasp of the English language. The tough guy act fell apart and gave way to a much more interesting personality punctuated by both confusion and an intense rage at being incapable of communicating to the Angelenos around him. It was like if Forrest Gump were a serial killer.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-26-2011, 03:58 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X