Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Collapse' scared the hell out of me. I still need to see 'Inside Job', even though I'm told that I'll be angry for days.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
      I still want to go back in time to find the most stoic KID MATT ever.

Matt, just before his Grammaton Cleric training, age 8. (watched a bit of Equilibrium this morning)

Matt, you might want to check out A Bronx Tale - that was a pretty good mob flick, though it's more of a kid growing up in that world (think young Henry in the first few minutes of Goodfellas, just expanded). Also, Pesci cameo, too!
      Last edited by Timothy225; 09-21-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Rob, I understand the complaint about how the story was a little bit easy to see coming, but I think it's because there have been so many mob-related entertainment bits out there you automatically know the guy is going to fall in the end. Not think, know.
        Indeed. It's sort of the nature of the beast, isn't it? What else can happen when someone sails that close to the sun with home-made wings?

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Fifth Element? .... MATT AND BOBBY, I STAND UNITED!
        Originally posted by Matt View Post
        UNTIL ALL ARE ONE.
        Till all are one, my brothers from different mothers!
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Balls and I will be over here having punch and pie with the cool kids.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            'Collapse' scared the hell out of me. I still need to see 'Inside Job', even though I'm told that I'll be angry for days.
            A Crude Awakening would have been the movie to see first before Collapse I think, as it gets into a lot of the theory that Michael touches on in Collapse. I found overall that the only reason I was tense watching Crude was because of watching Collapse. They don't do a good job in Crude of talking about the urgency of the situation. Too many academics, not enough fringe conspiracists.

Oh and Inside Job? Any politician who makes the claim that regulation is hurting business needs to see this film or quit pretending that government is the problem. During the last 20 minutes of watching this movie, my fists were clenched I was so mad. They do a fantastic job explaining derivatives and CDO's and showing how things got this bad.
            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
              Balls and I will be over here having punch and pie with the cool kids.
              Super Green.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                BRIDESMAIDS - this was not the most hilarious movie of the year. In fact, it's actually pretty sad. The heavy lady was really funny, though.
                I've found it really funny, but more importantly, it's great film that for once don't portray women as uni-dimensional persons.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I've found it really funny, but more importantly, it's great film that for once don't portray women as uni-dimensional persons.
                  Yeah, female characters with real personalities was refreshing.

Comment

• Bits of empire and jedi. Ingrid had to show me one of the "improvements" in esb that I'd forgotten. No way I am buying these on blu. Rebuying. Again.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      BRIDESMAIDS - this was not the most hilarious movie of the year. In fact, it's actually pretty sad. The heavy lady was really funny, though.
                      Now I'll have to kill you. I don't want to, but you leave me precious little choice!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      THANK YOU. I think a lot of people thought it would automatically be a chick flick, but it was so much more than that.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Yeah, female characters with real personalities was refreshing.
                      Yes indeedy, sir.

Plus, here's the other thing - and guys, you're just going to have to take my word for this. Every woman who has ever been a bridesmaid knows a fellow bridesmaid like Helen. There's one in every bunch - the perfect one, the pretty one, the one who can do things just so much more perfectly than everyone else.

And further to that point, the way Kristen Wiig reacted to her on the plane and at the bridal shower is what every other woman secretly wants to do. I guarantee it - the only reason we don't is because we're not in a comedy movie where we're allowed to!
                      Last edited by Lisa; 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Just finished watching Dear Zachary here at work. Welp, I'm done for the day. Fucking gutted.

Comment

• What are you doin' watching that at work?
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                            What are you doin' watching that at work?
                            Compulsory attendance at a webinar that I have absolutely no interest in watching, so I cranked up the documentary website. I had been meaning to watch this one forever, and I purposely stayed away from any information with regards to this as a result. I am glad that I went in blind as I think that made it something I experienced the way it was intended. But fuuuuck.

Comment

• I watched it at home and just fucking curled up in the fetal position. They let you do that at work?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                For the record, I'm right in line with the collective opinion on 95% of the movies that are discussed on this board. I find it amusing that the 5% that we don't agree on (only some of which I outright HATE with a passion) causes you guys so much distress.

It's because the 5% you choose to shit on, you take the weirdest fucking stance on. It's not that you distress me, so much I'm left wondering how the fuck you got there.

The written assessments aren't helping much in that regard.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X