Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane is still hilarious.

(It's now on Netflix. Watch it. Bask in it.)
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well, the first Caddyshack is only OK so I'd like to think the sequel would be better.

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      It's because some of the things that are disliked are shown the same sort of affection that classics are wont to receive.

Because we as human beings are entitled to enjoy uneven films, or even delight in diving face-first into the dreck pile.

But then some things are just completely indefensible and should be left in the 'Secret Shame' thread. Like Matt's outright hatred for some of the aforementioned things.
      I get that, but, with the exception of BTTFII, I don't really think the other films on that list warrant the love of a classic. Speed Racer? The Fifth Element? I don't see the big deal in someone saying these aren't for them.

I've posted far too many times about how much I love Robot Jox and other shall we say "modest" efforts so there can be no doubt that I understand the joys of dreck. That said, there's nothing embarrassing to me about taking some of the films Matt has to task. Especially considering the validity of some of the points he raised in his assessments (rampant kiddie screaming, garish CG onslaughts, etc.)
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        Time to get things BLOWING UP....

Caddyshack 2 > Caddyshack
        I truly hope you are trolling now.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Good man.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The bad acting in Day of the Dead > the bad acting in Dawn of the Dead.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Doesnt' change the fact that Day is hindered by it's lack of budget and shitty caricatures
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hmmm. Not automatically praising the comedic genius that is Airplane means you don't like the movie. Boys, I think we have a new target.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Only joking around, mate.

This is what I mean about me sounding angrier than I am.

I never said I don't like the movie, Howard. But I do. In fact, I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                      Good man.
                      That being said, I love me some Jackie Mason haha.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                        I get that, but, with the exception of BTTFII, I don't really think the other films on that list warrant the love of a classic. Speed Racer? The Fifth Element? I don't see the big deal in someone saying these aren't for them.

I've posted far too many times about how much I love Robot Jox and other shall we say "modest" efforts so there can be no doubt that I understand the joys of dreck. That said, there's nothing embarrassing to me about taking some of the films Matt has to task. Especially considering the validity of some of the points he raised in his assessments (rampant kiddie screaming, garish CG onslaughts, etc.)
                        Speed Racer is a better-than-expected film with a Skittles color pallette. It may not be for everyone, but its better than most kid fare. Especially the rubbish Robert Rodriguez produces.

Fifth Element was one of the last epic sci-fi movies that held any sort of interest for me. It also had Eric Serra music and a very different vibe than most action sci-fi films in the Euro-centric influences it wore on its sleeve. It is not without silly aspects, but it is not something I would see torn asunder because of trivial missteps. Matt is crazy as fuck when it comes to this movie.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          Top Secret! is nothing like Spies Like Us. More like Airplane.
                          I wish they'd have kept the original ending. Because I'm a depressing fuckwit who loves downer endings.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-20-2011, 01:58 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                            Speed Racer is a better-than-expected film with a Skittles color pallette. It may not be for everyone, but its better than most kid fare. Especially the rubbish Robert Rodriguez produces.
                            I never said I don't like Speed Racer, man. I was actually the only one out of 3 who went to see it on opening night and walked out with anything good to say about it. I just understand how someone could find it not to their taste. It was almost too much to watch at times, especially on IMAX.

I'd need to revisit The Fifth Element because it's been a very long time. But again, all I was saying was I could see how Matt disliked it (a lot) as I never made it to the end when I tried watching it before.

Comment

• WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE THE RIGHT OPINIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                I never said I don't like Speed Racer, man. I was actually the only one out of 3 who went to see it on opening night and walked out with anything good to say about it. I just understand how someone could find it not to their taste. It was almost too much to watch, especially on IMAX.
                                Get down off that cross! I didn't mean to imply you hated it or anything, just that Matt's derision of these films is hilariously exaggerated. That fella's got some anger in him. And it's all for the kids.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X