Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    The first time? THE FIRST TIME?

Point our ire away from Matt, guys. We have a new villain.
    Nope. Because Mike loved it.

Matt is still on aisle 3 laughing at the Yoda cutout.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watched alt cut of alien 3. Forgot how different it was. Interesting.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I haven't watched the theatrical version of Alien 3 well since I saw it in the theater. I much prefer the alt cut.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I haven't seen Alien 3 in jahrs.

All I remember is Hicks gettin' killed like a bitch in his sleep before the credits even begin, Sig looked hot bald, and Charles S. Dutton saying "Imma sexist, murdererin' rapist" or something to that effect and my confusion as to why the huge jump in deplorable actions.

It's like saying you went from popping the grackels in your trees with an air rifle to using thermo-nuclear weapons.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
            Finish it. It's in no way predictable.

Are you people watching the same movie as I?
            When I say predictable, I mean it barely puts a foot out of step with my expectations. Obviously, I knew it was going to draw on certain tropes and I have no problem with the sort of terrain it was shooting for, but I just found the execution to be lacking.

The way I look at it is, the final product in something like this should take what you were hoping for and surpass it, especially if it's going to justify the sort of love this film gets. Otherwise it's just alright. And there are far too many truly great films out there for me to want 70 more minutes of something simply "alright." That's why I don't really care if I finish The Last Kiss or not.

"All the best bits were in the trailer" is how I felt after about half an hour of Black Dynamite. And I was pumped for the movie when I saw the trailer!

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
            Nevermind. You seem to have made your mind up already so finishing it might just do more damage.

Many here dislike Black Dynamite for some weird reason that I can not really understand.

More kung fu treachery for me then.
            Dude, I never want to hate a movie. Especially not one I was excited about seeing for a long time. But when I sit down to watch said film the last thing I want to think is "my friends and I would have laughed at this when we were 15, but not 16."

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I didn't think 'Black Dynamite' was all that either. It was OK at best.
            I'll bring us deckchairs for Aisle: Crazy, mate!

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
            Only the taste in fun movies.
            How can Matt be associated with an anti-fun movies slant? The man coined the term "ACTION TRASH!" He's synonymous with Renny Harlin, a man also associated with fun (that and a wet Saffron Burrows.)

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Haven't seen HwaS yet, but I hope to.
            Hobo has an authenticity and charm that movies like Black Dynamite would love.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            And its probably my favourite DiCaprio performance too.
            I know he's done better work, but I still think Sam Raimi got my favourite performance from Leo. He'll always be Kid to me.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post

How can Matt be associated with an anti-fun movies slant? The man coined the term "ACTION TRASH!"

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fine, he coined the "action trash" term, but he's also The Old Man Yelling At A Cloud.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahahahaha
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Tried watching The Fifth Element years ago. That screening went the way of Black Dynamite, as far as I remember.

Speed Racer was entertaining enough (especially in IMAX), but it's not something I'd be in a hurry to experience again. Partly because it was, indeed, almost painful to watch due to the constant colour explosion taking place.

I won't subject myself to anything that non-celebrity who had sex on film and is now considered famous by girls who should know better does so I can't comment on that.

Never seen Top Secret! (as far as I'm aware) so I can't comment on that either. However, I didn't really like that other 80's espionage comedy, Spies Like Us, if that helps any.

The Goonies was never really my bag either. The Last Starfighter was more my kind of childhood favourite. Never hated it. Just didn't love it. Or get why it's one of the movies Urban Outfitters sells posters for. Well, I do. Because it's from the 80's. But yeah. Just not my thing.

Love all the Back to the Future series, but the first is a clear favourite. As I recall, one of Matt's chief gripes with the second was the tacky near future look. I understand that was deliberate (and a handy way of taking care of the future on a budget), yet I can understand how someone wouldn't like it.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Are you on Matt's payroll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                        Tried watching The Fifth Element years ago. That screening went the way of Black Dynamite, as far as I remember.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Not on Matt's payroll, but I certainly seem to be apprentice material.

I honestly don't think disliking those films (and that "home movie") is grounds for being the resident curmudgeon. Or cur-fun-geon, if you will. *ahem*

We're not talking about disliking Halloween or something here, people.

Comment

• It's because some of the things that are disliked are shown the same sort of affection that classics are wont to receive.

Because we as human beings are entitled to enjoy uneven films, or even delight in diving face-first into the dreck pile.

But then some things are just completely indefensible and should be left in the 'Secret Shame' thread. Like Matt's outright hatred for some of the aforementioned things.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Top Secret! is nothing like Spies Like Us. More like Airplane.

If you don't like Airplane, that's something you probably shouldn't admit.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Time to get things BLOWING UP....

Caddyshack 2 > Caddyshack

Comment

Working...
                                X