Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo is on Instant, Matt. I would check it out post haste, but if the Drive violence bugged you then...well don't. Don't see Hobo lol

Comment

• BD has some "meh" moments, but all-in-all, I found it just goofy fun and very rewatchable.

You should check out HWAS as soon as you can, Matt. Much grittier and violent as fuck, but Hauer delivers like a mofo in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        You should check out HWAS as soon as you can, Matt. Much grittier and violent as fuck, but Hauer delivers like a mofo in this.
        This is another thing that rustles my jimmies.

BD and Hoboman are completely different beasts. Not sure how they invite much comparison to begin with, beyond the "culled from 70s/80s exploitation tropes."

I mean it's not like Hauer's trying to one-up Spawn in the kung-fu department or anything.

I am slowly turning into Andy Rooney. Apologies, Tim.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• None needed, dude, it's a valid point. Both flicks play on the ludicrousness of their premises, but HWAS is much darker and grim than BD. It's gallows humor vs. parody, under the homage umbrella.

I would suggest folks check out flicks like Black Belt Jones, Shaft, I Spit on Your Grave, Rolling Thunder, etc. to really get a feel for both genres, and just to get a feel for what grindhouse flicks were like back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            It's fucked up that you agree with me???

Is the collective opinion of my overall taste in movies THAT FUCKING BAD???

I'm going to be serious here. You're two more bizarre opinions away from relegated to the crazy lady in the Target DVD aisle.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Hey now, that crazy lady in the Target DVD aisle is sometimes hilarious.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                Hey now, that crazy lady in the Target DVD aisle is sometimes hilarious.

(laughs for a solid five minutes)

What will they think of next?

(moves onto Star Wars BR set)

THE STAR WARS HAVE A BLU-RAY NOW, RICK!

(husband saunters away from wife to avoid embarassment)

They should've stopped with the second one, Rick. The Star Wars was a good show. (starts humming the Star Trek theme).
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I bet the crazy lady likes The Fifth Element.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Just to clarify. I enjoyed Black Dynamite. I enjoyed Hobo more. But I don't know if I'd revisit either of them in a hurry. And that is the only comparison I'm drawing between them.

Matt, Hobo is totally worth a watch, but its literally wall-to-wall violence. Goofy, fake violence, for sure, but arms are getting snapped and heads are getting smashed left, right and centre. Seriously, The Story of Ricky-violent (almost).

Tim, I think I saw The A-Team after The Losers and The Expendables, but before RED (which also did not live up to its promise, fun as it was). I'm not ragging on anyone's opinions either, really - I'm just pissed cos we're getting Expendables 2 and we're getting RED 2 (SRSED? Still Retired, Still Extremely Dangerous?) but no A-Team sequel. And all because youse fucks didn't go see it with enough friends, damnit.

In other news, I watched Inception again last night. Fuck me, its good. Even the bits that used to disappoint or annoy made sense this time. That film is built like a motherfucker. And its probably my favourite DiCaprio performance too.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I still think the A-Team > The Losers for action but The Losers > A-Team in terms of the villain.

Comment

• Watched Goodfellahs for the first time yesterday when I got back from the doctor's office. I want to be in the mob now :/
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          Just to clarify. I enjoyed Black Dynamite. I enjoyed Hobo more. But I don't know if I'd revisit either of them in a hurry. And that is the only comparison I'm drawing between them.

Matt, Hobo is totally worth a watch, but its literally wall-to-wall violence. Goofy, fake violence, for sure, but arms are getting snapped and heads are getting smashed left, right and centre. Seriously, The Story of Ricky-violent (almost).

In other news, I watched Inception again last night. Fuck me, its good. Even the bits that used to disappoint or annoy made sense this time. That film is built like a motherfucker. And its probably my favourite DiCaprio performance too.
                          Same about Dynamite/Hobo.
                          And Inception is a bonafide masterpiece. I used to shit on Dicaprio as a one note actor (Basketball Diaries), but not anymore.

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                          I still think the A-Team > The Losers for action but The Losers > A-Team in terms of the villain.
                          Action-wise, yes, and yes for the villain, but the team had much more chemistry in The Losers.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            Tim, I think I saw The A-Team after The Losers and The Expendables, but before RED (which also did not live up to its promise, fun as it was). I'm not ragging on anyone's opinions either, really - I'm just pissed cos we're getting Expendables 2 and we're getting RED 2 (SRSED? Still Retired, Still Extremely Dangerous?) but no A-Team sequel. And all because youse fucks didn't go see it with enough friends, dammit.
                            RED is being sequelized? Man alive.

A-Team is still streets ahead in my mind. But then I was shitfaced at the Drafthouse when I saw it, so it sticks out In my mind as an extremely fun movie. Pat Wilson is ridiculous.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Watched Goodfellahs for the first time yesterday when I got back from the doctor's office. I want to be in the mob now :/
                              The first time? THE FIRST TIME?

Point our ire away from Matt, guys. We have a new villain.

Comment

• I thought Jas Patric did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X