Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished the Prequel trilogy today with Revenge of the Sith. Looked amazing, Order 66 is still awesome as is the Senate/Mustafar fight.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Hobo with a Shotgun

....I don't know if its worth revisiting. Kinda like Black Dynamite.
      I tried watching Black Dynamite the other day and turned it off after about 20 minutes. Not because I found it impossible to finish so much as very predictable. There wasn't a great deal of humour that couldn't be guessed in advance at a moments notice. For that to be the level of comedy in the finished film, to me, isn't really good enough. And certainly not good enough to justify all the love it gets.

I don't know. Maybe I should go back and finish it, but the prospect of another obvious, barely chuckle-worthy 70 minutes didn't enthrall me.

Hobo, on the other hand, felt very lively and unpredictable, yet it delivered everything I thought/hoped it would (and more!) Black Dynamite seemed to me to be playing the role of the dutiful fan, nodding to this or that with no particular grace or flair, while Hobo is the fan brave enough to use his own voice.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Super

Well. That was... something. Almost uncategorisable. Ellen Page actually gave me wood and I don't know how I feel about that.
      Love Super. Seen it 3 times already and I could go for more right now.

Love Page.

Love Gunn.

Love saying "Love Gunn" 'cause it reminds me of Sean William Scott explaining those lyrics to his l'il buddy in Role Models.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        I tried watching Black Dynamite the other day and turned it off after about 20 minutes. Not because I found it impossible to finish so much as very predictable. There wasn't a great deal of humour that couldn't be guessed in advance at a moments notice. For that to be the level of comedy in the finished film, to me, isn't really good enough. And certainly not good enough to justify all the love it gets.

I don't know. Maybe I should go back and finish it, but the prospect of another obvious, barely chuckle-worthy 70 minutes didn't enthrall me.

Hobo, on the other hand, felt very lively and unpredictable, yet it delivered everything I thought/hoped it would (and more!) Black Dynamite seemed to me to be playing the role of the dutiful fan, nodding to this or that with no particular grace or flair, while Hobo is the fan brave enough to use his own voice.
        Finish it. It's in no way predictable.

Are you people watching the same movie as I?

There's really no blueprint to a film like Rutger Hauer Smells Bad, and BD is a send-up of its genre (which does have a blueprint, one which BD adheres to as far as the premise goes, but that's about it).
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-19-2011, 03:06 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nevermind. You seem to have made your mind up already so finishing it might just do more damage.

Many here dislike Black Dynamite for some weird reason that I can not really understand.

More kung fu treachery for me then.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I didn't think 'Black Dynamite' was all that either. It was OK at best.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Not surprising to hear this from Captain Insane-o.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I didn't think 'Black Dynamite' was all that either. It was OK at best.

I know this is fucked up, but I'm going to agree with you.

What starts off as a strong parody becomes this half-assed attempt at sampling Tarantino/Jack Hill without the effort.

It tries like a motherfucker, but fails.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Well at least you acknowledge it makes an effort.

How can someone be bored by that opening fucking reel? HOW?
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ and I are going to start our BLACK DYNAMITE fan club over here. I'd watch BD again every day and twice on Sundays before I watch HOBO WITH A THIN PREMISE again.

Comment

• You fucking bro of all bros, you.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-19-2011, 07:51 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm the Black Dynamite Club chief, bitches. Adding it before Hobo does makes you a better man, Grave.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          I know this is fucked up, but I'm going to agree with you.

What starts off as a strong parody becomes this half-assed attempt at sampling Tarantino/Jack Hill without the effort.

It tries like a motherfucker, but fails.
                          It's fucked up that you agree with me???

Is the collective opinion of my overall taste in movies THAT FUCKING BAD???
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Only the taste in fun movies.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Love Black Dynamite and Hobo With A Shotgun to death. Both flicks were fun as hell, and great salutes to blaxploitation and grindhouse flicks, and you could tell everyone involved were having fun making those flicks.

Digger, Russ, let me know how much membership in the club costs, and how soon 'til I get my membership kit?

Comment

• The thing is, 'Black Dynamite' starts off great. The first 20 minutes or so of the film are a fucking riot It just runs out of gas really fucking quickly and becomes 100% predictable in almost every way, shape, and form. I didn't hate it, but I have zero desire to ever watch it again.

Haven't seen HwaS yet, but I hope to.

Comment

Working...
                                X