Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLITZ- Statham stomps some ass but this isn't really that good. The bad guy is lame and the end is a dud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I WATCHED EASTERN PROMISES LAST NIGHT AND I CRIED BECAUSE I WANTED TO HAVE TATIANA LIVE AFTER LISTENING TO HER DIARY WE HAVE LOTS OF ROOM HERE TATIANA YOU COULD HAVE STAYED HERE WITH NO HEROIN ONLY TRAMACET ITS FINE FINE FINE
      You typed that in cap lock because of all the testicular action, didja?
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Totally a one and done film. I admire it more than I like it.

'Casablanca'

What an amazing film. It's pretty much flawless.
        Like no other...

Especially when Bogie says 'boorbon'.

Comment

• If I´d be Nordling, I´d proudly state that the intonation of the Marseillese makes me cry.

But yeah, flawless is a good description.

Comment

• I was going to dress as Victor Lazlo one year for Halloween because the woman I was dating at the time was a dead ringer for Ingrid Bergman... but I fear no one would have guessed.

Then we broke up and I went as Logan 5... and still no one fucking guessed.

Even when I was saying 'Run, runner!' in a bad Michael York voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              I was going to dress as Victor Lazlo one year for Halloween because the woman I was dating at the time was a dead ringer for Ingrid Bergman... but I fear no one would have guessed.
              Yeah, I would not have guessed that as well. Mainly because I would have been speechless and jealous to the core.

Comment

• Machete

It had moments. Most of them with Fahey or De Niro. The big fella from Heat with the cutlery fetish wasn't bad either. Otherwise, pretty disposable. Usually Jessica Alba doesn't bother me, but her lack of acting prowess was distracting at times here.

Also, the whole slick new movie as grindhouse flick look doesn't seem to work unless the end result comes from Q.T. or the men who put shotguns in the hands of transients.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  the men who put shotguns in the hands of transients.
                  I am SO using this on FB...

Comment

I am SO using this on FB...
                    Cheers, V!

I've never seen The Men Who Stare at Goats, but I think this could work as a sequel nonetheless.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Cheers, V!

I've never seen The Men Who Stare at Goats, but I think this could work as a sequel nonetheless.
                      'Transient With A Fowling Piece'

Comment

'Transient With A Fowling Piece'
                        You will never find a more vagrant disregard for criminality...

Comment

• Santa Sangre.

Fantastic surreal horror film from (usually) heavy-handed egomaniac Alejandro Jodorowsky.

His sons Adan and Axel star as Fenix, a boy magician (Adan) in the Mexican circus, alongside his hypnotist/knife-thrower/philandering fatshit pop, and his trapeze artist/religious zealot ma.

A truly fucked up thing happens to young Fenix (actually a series of fucked up things, but the final event is the last straw) and he ends up in a mental ward. Until one day, his mother comes back for him.

Then it goes further down the rabbit hole. I was surprised by the lack of Jodorowsky's usual penchant for philosophizing and meandering on in the most pretentious way with the narrative. Here he is uncharacteristically focused and his son Axel is absolutely fantastic as the adult Fenix.

Loved it, and if you like giallos, you'll probably enjoy this as well (if you haven't yet seen it, like me, Captain Slowpoke).
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dead Man on Campus

Mike White really annoys me, because I generally find him to be a horrible writer and actor, but this was actually enjoyable (if massively generic.) Jason Segel helps a great deal, obviously. Also, quality 90's cuteness from Cardellini and Hannigan.

Whatever happened to Mark-Paul Gosselaar? And Poppy Montgomery? Man, she was adorable in this.

Comment

Whatever happened to Mark-Paul Gosselaar?
                              He has a new tv series on the cable channel TNT called Franklin & Bash. Quite good actually.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Hannigan irritates me to no fucking end.

Fucking red hair and simpering demeanor brings back every horrifying day spent in the clutches of wife #1

Anyone mentions her again, and I will dickpunch you into the next fucking world!

Comment

Working...
                                X