Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your point?

Are you implying he is a singular entity of predatory status that engages in these behaviors? That not one other director in the history of the medium has not done the same?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      What is your point?

Are you implying he is a singular entity of predatory status that engages in these behaviors? That not one other director in the history of the medium has not done the same?

My point is that if you're going to stalk the young pussy...make better films. Polanski is the guy's superior nine times to Sunday.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        "Red State"
        Also, skinny Goodman creeped me the fucked out.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I do agree on Allen. I've enjoyed more of his films than I haven't, but the guy hasn't progressed technically in pretty much 40 years. I KNOW that's not the reason to see one of his films, but even the most low-key directors know the worth of growth as an artist, surely.

And no, of course he's not the only one. He's just the contemporary example that has most managed to escape obscurity.

Though I've yet to see it, I suspect the artistic gimmick in Midnight in Paris may be a large part of the reason for it being so successful.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Say what you will about Allen, but Bananas is fucking hilarious.

Also, for you more academic film fans out there, check out LA plays itself which is on youtube. (I caught a screening of this on Saturday and it was damn good stuff. If there was any way of getting a release of this. I could easily see this getting the criterion treatment.)
            Last edited by Ed Hocken; 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
              "Red State"

As much as I've turned against Smith, mostly due to his "woe-is-me and I ONLY PODCAST NOW" schtick, this was pretty fucking good in my opinion. Tense as shit and Parks and Goodman kicked some serious ass.

Spoiler: SPOILERS BITCHES 
              Maybe because it was a Smith flick I ended up going into it with no expectations, but this was one hell of a tense movie. The stuff with the church was well done, the ATF orders were believable and I can't believe the people he killed off (if that makes sense). When Pollack ate it I realized that anything goes and the stuff with GIANT McREDNECK was great.

I really wish he'd do more of this and less of his "I'M SILENT BOB" stuff. Highly recommend it. It's currently ON DEMAND for 10 bucks and I'd say it's worth it. Parks fucking owns.
              Just got done watching this - and I heartily concur with Rerb. The tension was terrifically thick in this, and the members of the church, led by Parks in a creepy-ass performance, were more terrifying than anything coming out of Hollywood of late.

This flick also has almost NO rules (see Rerb' spoilers. Better yet, don't, just see the flick), and has some pretty spot-on real life parallels.

Special kudos to Slim Goodman - you can feel the anguish the guy's character goes through between doing his duty and doing the right thing. The ending was classic Smith though, filled with some gallows humor, as well as a neat little coda before credits that is almost poignant in it's simplicity. Breezed by at a nice pace - no real fat in this.

Comment

• Zodiac

Still probably my favorite Fincher flick. So fucking good that even with it's long running time it keeps you actively interested in it the whole time. Ruffalo is fucking fantastic and the FX in this are still fucking awesome.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Funny, I considered putting Zodiac on earlier tonight. Might stick the DC in before bed.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Due Date

What waste of my time, and of Downey's talent. I wanted to punch Zach Galif%?#Q$@ face the whole time, and I'm a fan of the guy. Weak movie, with some occasional laughs.

Warrior

Poor Billy. You're so off track on that one. Hardy is great, as is Hedgerton and Nolte. They make the overly dramatic script shine, and their performances carries the movie from start to finish. And Vin was right: great choreographies.

So much better than The Fighter.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• "Caesar IS home". We finally saw Apes - it was fantastic! It was everything they promised it would be!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• YES.

Another Apes convert. Gonna take some big competition (Contagion?) to see a better studio pic this year.

Comment

• Yeah, I've gotten a few people to see it as well. They've all, at a minimum, LIKED it.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• BDubbs and her husband saw it and dug it as well. I really cannot wait for this one on bluray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              . Gonna take some big competition (Contagion?) to see a better studio pic this year.
                              Well, outside of Contagion, Tailor Tinker Soldier Spy, Drive (None of whom I´d put in the same category of studio movies as ROTPOTA), I can only think of MI-4 having a shot at competing. A Bird told me so (harharhar)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                YES.

Another Apes convert. Gonna take some big competition (Contagion?) to see a better studio pic this year.
                                I've seen it. But when I rethink of it, I can't wait to rewatch Apes.

Drive

The Pusher trilogy is awesome, but Vahalla Rising was a big WTF for me.

But this? Holy fuck. This is, by far, my favorite of this year. Better than Attack the Block, whom I fellate, better than 13 Assassins and better than Hanna. Simple, pure and visceral. I though the trailer looked cool, but you have no clule how badass the movie is. Everything in it work.

Maybe Contagion and Thinker can be good as to be in my top 5, but I doubt I'm gonna be as fun and great as Drive. I will buy this thing on Blu the day it comes out.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X