Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldwin sold this movie so much. So did John Lone.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hannah.

Hilarious conceit from the outset, but nonetheless entertaining.

In the early goings it suffers the stigma of style over substance in orders of magnitude usually reserved for an indie drama, but imported to the super-spy thriller subgenre. I wanted to strangle Joe Wright for the strobe light facility, but after that unnecessary cacophony it finds its footing in balancing the absurd and the realistic (or as close to realism as can be had with the Bournes/Bonds/Hannahs populating them).

The tracksuited killer from Deutschland looked like he escaped the Zoolander gas fight unscathed. This is a good thing, as it just added to the comic-bookish aspects of the film. It walks this bizarre line between ridiculousness (Hannah's existence for one, her escape from a CIA black site, the magician fellow in the gingerbread house, Cate Blanchett as a southerner, etc.) and relatablity in Hannah's burgeoning adolescent angst coupled with its confusion ("AYUSS WANTED A KEEEES"), and resultant self-discovery (her "I hate you dad" confrontation with Eric Bananarama). It almost never falters on that tightrope, save for that black site escape (though without future revelations on hand to provide explanation, not much can be done at that point to absolve criticism).

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I can see some laughing right through a teenaged girl weighing a sawbuck soaking wet throwing two hundred pound men around like wrestling buddies™.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Baldwin sold this movie so much. So did John Lone.
        Agreed, I actually really liked this flick. Tonally, it is sort of all over the map, but it does have a somewhat consistent goofiness to it that I enjoy. Like the very end when the master psychic villain gets the lobotomy and you swear you can hear the sad trombone playing in the background. All the villain needed to do was shrug and look at the screen with a hang-dog expression and it would have been the greatest film of all time.
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Baldwin sold this movie so much. So did John Lone.
          Their sit-down in Chinatown is classic. Seriously.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
            Their sit-down in Chinatown is classic. Seriously.
            Imma gonna watch it while I work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2-b7JhILr8

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
              Hannah.

Hilarious conceit from the outset, but nonetheless entertaining.

In the early goings it suffers the stigma of style over substance in orders of magnitude usually reserved for an indie drama, but imported to the super-spy thriller subgenre. I wanted to strangle Joe Wright for the strobe light facility, but after that unnecessary cacophony it finds its footing in balancing the absurd and the realistic (or as close to realism as can be had with the Bournes/Bonds/Hannahs populating them).

The tracksuited killer from Deutschland looked like he escaped the Zoolander gas fight unscathed. This is a good thing, as it just added to the comic-bookish aspects of the film. It walks this bizarre line between ridiculousness (Hannah's existence for one, her escape from a CIA black site, the magician fellow in the gingerbread house, Cate Blanchett as a southerner, etc.) and relatablity in Hannah's burgeoning adolescent angst coupled with its confusion ("AYUSS WANTED A KEEEES"), and resultant self-discovery (her "I hate you dad" confrontation with Eric Bananarama). It almost never falters on that tightrope, save for that black site escape (though without future revelations on hand to provide explanation, not much can be done at that point to absolve criticism).

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I can see some laughing right through a teenaged girl weighing a sawbuck soaking wet throwing two hundred pound men around like wrestling buddiesâ„¢.

I loved that flick.

Comment

• Bana's train station fight was great, by the way.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• haha, ok this is pulling out of the movie right here. Kenny G? In a 1940's period adventure? BLASPHEMY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TrnP...ailpage#t=573s

Comment

• The answer here is SYNERGY.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-30-2011, 10:00 AM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dude where's My car?

rewatched this after like 10 years. Pretty bad, but holy crap are Marla Sokoloff and Jennifer Garner smoking hot in this. I'd want to be the meat between their bread...

Comment

• Narc - Ray Liotta and Jason whatshisface in a pretty damn good cop who dun it flick. The ending was not super predictable but I did see it coming about 12 minutes before the end came. Made me really miss Ray Liotta in his prime.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• First Blood: Part Two.

Pretty awful, but the first 15-20 minutes sure are fun.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watched The Shadow yesterday at work via YouTube, as well as Spawn. John Leguizamo is actually really great in this, but it's another one of those flicks that for every small thing I like there are 10 things that make me cry at how awful they are.

Watching The God Who Wasn't There on that crazy documentary site I found. It got advertized very heavily in Google Reader and on the web, but so far, it's pretty fucking trite. There is nothing to it so far, other than a dude bringing up the fact that there were numerous stories about saviors all sharing characteristics of Christ's story. The "shocking reveal" is that the guy who made the doc was a fundy at one point.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              Narc - Ray Liotta and Jason whatshisface in a pretty damn good cop who dun it flick. The ending was not super predictable but I did see it coming about 12 minutes before the end came. Made me really miss Ray Liotta in his prime.
                              Oh! I've always wanted to see that, and you just reminded me. I'll have to check that out.

By the way, Jason whatshisface is Jason Patric of "The Lost Boys". Jason Patric, who by the way, totally checked me out on the street once. And it was awesome, because he made these crazy hot sexy eyeballs at me - of course, this was about 15 years and three dress sizes ago.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                Narc - Ray Liotta and Jason whatshisface in a pretty damn good cop who dun it flick. The ending was not super predictable but I did see it coming about 12 minutes before the end came. Made me really miss Ray Liotta in his prime.
                                Henry Oak is an amazing character.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X