Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Lieutenant (Herzog Edition)

So much win. Stuctured like a motherfucker, this is one of those films that really does stand alone. Its equal parts David Lynch and Spike Lee, but ultimately its all Herzog. Love this film.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      They came for the automatic weapons, they stayed for the underage sex.
      yeah, that's the post of the day.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Now watching America's Most Hated Family In Crisis (a follow-up to America's Most Hated family, a doc about the Phelps (god hates fags) clan).. Apparently this one shows the strains of being the world's most identifiable bigots...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ameri...ily-in-crisis/
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Watched The Hotel New Hampshire for about the third time in a week. Love that fucking movie.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Cowboys and Aliens

We walked out. How do you fuck THAT up?
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Oooo...

Not good.

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens

Yeah, been wondering the same thing. What an easy score.

Comment

• It committed two irredeemable sins.

1) It simply was not fun (Walton Goggins aside)

2) It REALLY screwed the story pooch with idiot semen when it should have had the balls to stick to the harder edge it displayed in the early scenes.

Spoiler: Major plot spoiler 
                  When Olivia Wilde dies, leave her dead. Don't you DARE have her walk out of the fire naked (and no-one blinks at this, by the way) and alive to give a version of David Morse's speech from the climax of Contact. And again, everyone accepts this.

And then you have Bond get high to recall stuff (works the opposite way round for most people) and then be totally sober again the second he remembers what he needed to. Yeah, cos trips last a few minutes. Not hours and hours of crushing insanity.

At that point, we got up and went. It wasn't getting any better.

I think I'm gonna start a thread about this summer's (mostly disappointing) movies, if anyone's interested?

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens

Oh, my.... I mean, it didn't look good, and I had no plans to see it, but wow...

I like the idea of a disappointing movie thread, Ben! Can we keep it going as a general one, and not just a summer one?
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Now watching America's Most Hated Family In Crisis (a follow-up to America's Most Hated family, a doc about the Phelps (god hates fags) clan).. Apparently this one shows the strains of being the world's most identifiable bigots...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ameri...ily-in-crisis/
                      My favorite Family In Crisis is the "Ben Affleck roids up and slaps his room's shit" one.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I think I'm gonna start a thread about this summer's (mostly disappointing) movies, if anyone's interested?
                        Saw Cowboys last night and I have to agree with your assessment, sir. It's the most bored I've been in a cinema in a very long time. If my mind's eye had rolled any louder when the kid got the knife from Ford early on, the other patrons might have heard it.

I'm totally up for this disappointing movies thread; something that will probably come as no surprise to anyone considering my tirades in the "Just Watched" thread.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Then y'all need to get on that... like yesterday!

Comment

• Gonna watch SOURCE CODE tonight. I hope Duncan Jones goes 2 for 2.

Comment

• In an effort to get away from all the storm coverage and watch something mindless and light, I was channel surfing and found "The Proposal". It was okay, your basic Sandy B. rom-com, which means I'd probably not bother with it unless I was channel surfing and nothing else was on. I just don't get Ryan Reynolds, he's so bland. Mary Steenburgen and Craig T. Nelson as Ryan's parents, and Betty White as his grandmother, all of whom I like well enough whenever I see them, and of course Sandy B was adorable. The only part that really got me in the heart is during the wedding scene - part of the storyline is that Sandy B has no family. So when she starts to walk down the aisle all alone, Betty White steps out to offer her arm and walk her the rest of the way down the aisle, and I started to cry. Then again, I'm pretty PMS'd out right now, and I'm worried about my parents and George in this storm, so you never know....
                              Last edited by Lisa; 08-27-2011, 05:01 AM.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Gonna watch SOURCE CODE tonight. I hope Duncan Jones goes 2 for 2.
                                Fuck yes he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X