Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Summer School (young Mark Harmon, young/skinny Kirsty Alley) on AMC on Friday night. I don't know what it is about this movie but it's one of those ones I could watch a million times and still like it. I don't own it or anything, but when it's on I watch for sure!
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      I saw a very interesting docu-drama called Inside Waco last night. For anyone that has access to 4OD, its available in the documentaries section. It merges reconstruction with interviews, footage and never before seen/heard recordings from inside the compound (mainly dealing with the negotiators) and - while I'm not a fan of reconstruction in documentaries - it was actually very, very good.

Its striving for a Friedmans kind of objectivity, presenting both sides and letting you figure out who was to blame for all those deaths. Ultimately, there were well intentioned people and fucking idiots on both sides of those walls. Koresh is certainly a fascinating, disturbing character; Byron Gray, the chief negotiator, seems a decent man, haunted by those weeks; and the chief Federal Commander is a hard-on who may play by the book, but doesn't seem to have much humanity. His admission that he wishes it wouldn't have happened the way it did doesn't quite ring true when you see how staunchly he voted to go in hard from the off.

A fascinating film, one that really shows what a debacle the whole thing was and makes me so glad that I am not only not a part of any religious group, but know very few people in my life that are.

I'd love to see a well done film of the siege done. There's so much incredible drama to mine there. Someone like Soderbergh or Greengrass would absolutely kill it, I reckon.
      I watched Waco: the Rules of Engagement back in the day, and the infrared footage they showed of tanks and whatnot coming into the compound at the end was horrifying. I am still, to this day, not really sure what it was David Koresh did that warranted the level of interest by the ATF in the first place other than be weird. It's not like he had the very first polygamous cult compound in the US, nor was he the first leader of a group that stockpiled arms (helloooo Montana).

Anyways, you can watch that one here: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/waco-...of-engagement/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I watched Waco: the Rules of Engagement back in the day, and the infrared footage they showed of tanks and whatnot coming into the compound at the end was horrifying. I am still, to this day, not really sure what it was David Koresh did that warranted the level of interest by the ATF in the first place other than be weird. It's not like he had the very first polygamous cult compound in the US, nor was he the first leader of a group that stockpiled arms (helloooo Montana).

Anyways, you can watch that one here: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/waco-...of-engagement/

He was fucking underaged children among a litany of other offenses.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Yeah, fuck Koresh.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I saw Waco: Rules of Engagement (hell, I saw so many documentaries about Waco, Ruby Ridge, the Oklahoma City bombing, etc. I could rattle 'em of chapter and verse), and I agree with you, Mike. The infrared footage was disturbing, as well as all the facts that came out during the hearings. Both sides fucked this thing up from the get go, and Koresh was a piece of shit. Like Billy, I was home watching when the final siege happened and the compound caught fire - very harrowing stuff, especially when they discovered the bodies of the folks that didn't make it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              He was fucking underaged children among a litany of other offenses.
              True! But they didn't actually know any of this prior to going into the place guns storming (at least the first time - remember, the FBI and other agencies didn't get involved until after the ATF went in that first time strictly on firearms-related warrants). And what is also true is that there are several other people who were just like him who continue to operate their cults to this day with no police response similar to the overkill that was ATF VS Koresh.

I am in no way defending what he was doing, but I can't rationalize the degree of force that was used to take him out.

Comment

Watched Summer School (young Mark Harmon, young/skinny Kirsty Alley) on AMC on Friday night. I don't know what it is about this movie but it's one of those ones I could watch a million times and still like it. I don't own it or anything, but when it's on I watch for sure!
                One of my absolute favorite movies.

Comment

• As far as cinematic idols go, you could do a lot worse than Chainsaw.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

True! But they didn't actually know any of this prior to going into the place guns storming (at least the first time - remember, the FBI and other agencies didn't get involved until after the ATF went in that first time strictly on firearms-related warrants). And what is also true is that there are several other people who were just like him who continue to operate their cults to this day with no police response similar to the overkill that was ATF VS Koresh.

I am in no way defending what he was doing, but I can't rationalize the degree of force that was used to take him out.
                    Pulled this from Wikipedia - there seems to be some ambiguity over the charges, but, to pardon the pun, "where there's smoke there's fire", IMHO. Something was going on there that wasn't quite kosher, parental consent or no. I'd figured the whole shebang started because the Branch Davidians were illegally stockpiling weapons, which brought the ATF into the mix.

Comment

• They came for the automatic weapons, they stayed for the underage sex.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Thanks for this, Mike. I might stick this on tonight.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Pulled this from Wikipedia - there seems to be some ambiguity over the charges, but, to pardon the pun, "where there's smoke there's fire", IMHO. Something was going on there that wasn't quite kosher, parental consent or no. I'd figured the whole shebang started because the Branch Davidians were illegally stockpiling weapons, which brought the ATF into the mix.
                          No I know, but when you look at the last big polygamy case that has gone to court, the men of the multiple marriages weren't taken with extreme force and hundreds of officers. I don't know why things got so ugly and so brutal so fast.

Comment

Thanks for this, Mike. I might stick this on tonight.
                            No worries! Between that site and http://www.snagfilms.com/ there are a ton of great resources outside of NetFlix for getting hott documentary action.

Comment

They came for the automatic weapons, they stayed for the underage sex.
                              As do we all.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                As do we all.
                                You do realize that you're going to Hell for that, yes?

See you in the bar car. I'll have a drink waiting for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X