Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    gotta admit, I'm not a fan of GoNY either. DDL is fantastic but that's really it.

The pre Weinstein cut might be coming to Blu-Ray via Lionsgate. Early development, but the ball is rolling.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Are we looking at a Kingdom of Heaven-type of improvement? Cause KoH was average, but got REALLY good with the DC.

Gangs is a pile of shit.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Bu-but THESE

ARE THE HANDS

THAT BUILT

AMERICAHHHHHHhhhhhhhh
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Even better said with Daniel Day-Lewis ridiculous outfits from the movie, with this one being my favorite:

It's a testament to Daniel Day-Lewis's badassitude that he looked that dangerous while wearing that costume.

Comment

• It's like a colorized Cheers opening montage.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Heee! True!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Are we looking at a Kingdom of Heaven-type of improvement? Cause KoH was average, but got REALLY good with the DC.

Gangs is a pile of shit.

Gangs isn't a pile of shit. It's a movie that had 45 minutes cut from it less than a month from opening.

It was a Miramax film.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  Gangs isn't a pile of shit. It's a movie that had 45 minutes cut from it less than a month from opening.

It was a Miramax film.
                  Boy I hope those 45 minutes are magical, because the theatrical cut was boring and overly long.

Comment

• I see no way that lengthening Gangs would improve it, so I am intrigued by this extra 45 minutes of footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I see no way that lengthening Gangs would improve it, so I am intrigued by this extra 45 minutes of footage.

It's not really lengthening it. It was the original cut until the Weinsteins decided to hack it to bits the week after Thanksgiving. It was screened about 3 times during that period by Scorsese and then nothing.

What I've heard is that Henry Thomas's character doesn't just disappear like he did in the theatrical release.

Cameron Diaz is downplayed more. Brendan Gleeson gets more screentime. Liam Neeson has 2 more scenes, while we get more background on DiCaprio.

Comment

• More Gleeson. Less Diaz. Already improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          More Gleeson. Less Diaz. Already improved.

Apparently, the whole election was much bigger than what was shown.

Comment

• As intriguing as this new cut sounds, the casting fells that film from the off. The supporting cast is great (Neeson, Gleeson, Broadbent and so on).

Diaz is horribly miscast (as in, 'Heather Graham in From Hell' miscast) and - as much as I love the guy now - so is DiCaprio. I'd doubt that any amount of extra footage could save it, but if it's a totally different edit, I'll definitely give it a chance. Day Lewis and some extraordinary sets and designs just barely get me through that film as it is.

And I rewatched KoH recently. I really, really like that film (i've only ever seen the Dirctor's Cut), but I cannot shake how fucking epic it would have been with a post-Master and Commander, pre-obscure shitty sci-fi tripe Paul Bettany in the role of Balian. Just amazing.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I saw a very interesting docu-drama called Inside Waco last night. For anyone that has access to 4OD, its available in the documentaries section. It merges reconstruction with interviews, footage and never before seen/heard recordings from inside the compound (mainly dealing with the negotiators) and - while I'm not a fan of reconstruction in documentaries - it was actually very, very good.

Its striving for a Friedmans kind of objectivity, presenting both sides and letting you figure out who was to blame for all those deaths. Ultimately, there were well intentioned people and fucking idiots on both sides of those walls. Koresh is certainly a fascinating, disturbing character; Byron Gray, the chief negotiator, seems a decent man, haunted by those weeks; and the chief Federal Commander is a hard-on who may play by the book, but doesn't seem to have much humanity. His admission that he wishes it wouldn't have happened the way it did doesn't quite ring true when you see how staunchly he voted to go in hard from the off.

A fascinating film, one that really shows what a debacle the whole thing was and makes me so glad that I am not only not a part of any religious group, but know very few people in my life that are.

I'd love to see a well done film of the siege done. There's so much incredible drama to mine there. Someone like Soderbergh or Greengrass would absolutely kill it, I reckon.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I was home sick and watched the siege go down live. Fucked up day that will stick with me forever. That whole time was really crazy. Texas was certainly a place divided during it.

Comment

Working...
                                X