Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the hackneyed "Come back, Shane" scene.

I know it's haunted me for years.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Stone

Not exactly a great film, but worth a watch for Bobby De Niro giving a damn again (its probably the best he's been since Wag the Dog) and Ed Norton doing some incredible work, especially in the second half. Its a decent enough little play and it works through its themes nicely (the parting shot is really rather excellent), it just feels like you have to drudge through misery at times getting there.

And hasn't Milla Jovovich got long nipples?
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Stone
        And hasn't Milla Jovovich got long nipples?
        Long, strong, and probably not down to get the friction on because they are quite sensitive.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• There's too much post/avatar goodness in here recently.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Breaking Bad episode that features Hank Schrader in the parking lot.

Holy shit, that was great.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The Columbo episode with Johnny Cash as the killer.

I liked it.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                I liked Primary Colors. Haven't seen it in years, but I remember it being solidly entertaining. What's the beef?
                It being a disjointed piece of crap. I wanted to asspunch Travolta the whole time, with his shitty Clinton imitation. The way it solves every conflict in 2 minutes, and how it goes through every secondary character without mercy.

Just a bad movie overall.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                  I just watched this. SO FUCKING BAD. About the first hour = alright, I'm creeped out. Then the
                    Spoiler: spoilers 
                  fucking Voldo wanna be shows up and the astral projection shit gets retarded
                  and I was all like "wat?". Fuckin Leigh Whannel (spelling?). Good ideas, horrible fucking execution. Stupid movie. Boourns to you.
                  /posted...."Insidious"....
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Pledge

Hmmm. Very interesting, I will say that. Nicholson is doing some outstanding work here, though he does overstep the line a little into... not quite Shining territory, but certainly close to over-selling certain ideas. I'm just not sure what the bookend scenes mean. Is the whole film an insight into what drives men of a certain age to become those guys who shout at buses and speak very specifically into thin air about something that no one else can understand?

In any case, its a very watchable thriller and Penn's approach to aspects of the story (the lingering shots on the little girl; playing up the concept that Nicholson's character WANTS there to be a second killer to justify his existence) is extremely solid. Its similar to Nolan's Insomnia in a way, I suppose - all the elements are there, the performances are good and the construction of the film is more than competent. But something in the resolution doesn't quite ring true.

Comment

• Rio

Pretty cute and fun, but holy crap is it gorgeous. Will probably buy, cause the son wants to see it AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Comment

• Faster

Much better than I expected it to be. Not a classic, but a good entertainment. And I'm happy to see The Rock play the role of a REAL MAN for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Rio

Pretty cute and fun, but holy crap is it gorgeous. Will probably buy, cause the son wants to see it AGAIN AND AGAIN.
                          Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Faster

Much better than I expected it to be. Not a classic, but a good entertainment. And I'm happy to see The Rock play the role of a REAL MAN for once.
                          In total agreement on both. Rio is so appealing visually that I'd watch it several times over. And The Rock being a regular old badass is entertaining as hell, even in a flawed movie.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Dusted off my copy of the Elite DVD for Re-Animator last night. Movie doesn't hold up.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTH.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                Dusted off my copy of the Elite DVD for Re-Animator last night. Movie doesn't hold up.
                                Yo mama
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X