Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Kill The Irishman

This is very good little crime movie. I liked that Danny Greene was just a regular guy who didn't buy into the usual mafia bullshit. He didn't even care about being an informant for the FBI because he wanted to be with his family. Plus, unlike other crime movies he doesn't go down the usual path of being fucked on drugs and screwing up.

Nicely cast, although fat Val Kilmer doesn't do anything in this movie except narrate.
    Only thing is he really didn't inform very much in the movie so of course he didn't care. And yeah Fat Kilmer is wasted on this one, good narration but barely there as a character.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I did enjoy Stevenson's remark when the two of them are in that small room together

"You want to dance or what?"
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Oh yeah, he played that role perfect. What did you think of the actual news footage spliced in there? I thought it worked better in this flick than in most.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I thought it worked fine and I liked how they didn't even show the actual guy's face in the end. You could easily tell it was him. Even though the real guy had a huge baldspot.

It it amazing to think that in an a major American city there were 36 bombings going on in just one year.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Yeah, that's a shit ton of bombings, I also dug the shit out of Difatfrio's portrayal in the flick. He was pretty boss.

Comment

• The Next Three Days.

I thought it was excellent, even if it did finish with something of a fizzle rather than a bang (spoiler). Crowe and Banks were great - Banks moreso in her earlier scenes - and the supporting cast is phenomenal. Its always nice to see The Dennehy get a moment to shine and his scene in the kitchen with Crowe works entirely because of him.

I hate to say it, but it is seeming as though Crash was a one-off. By which, I mean I hated it. And Haggis has done, what I consider to be, excellent work on the Craig Bonds, In the Valley of Elah and this. His structuring here is textbook genre filmmaking. Very early on he sets up the entire plot, antagonists, stakes and the rules, just broadly enough that when the film doesn't break them, it makes the more unexpected turns that much more satisfying. The geography of the action scenes is solid, the character motivations just believable enough and most importantly, he doesn't cheat you at any turn.

While not quite as wholly satisfying, this makes a nice Pittsburgh companion to Boston's The Town. And you get Liam Neeson appearing hard enough to drive nails through God with his nose. Much, much better than I anticipated.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Crazy Stupid Love

earlier today....

Why can't Carrell find a vehicle that works for him? He is out of his element here and everyone mops the floor with the poor guy. Better than I thought it would be, though.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Tomei boobs?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                    Tomei boobs?

Nope.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• rental
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Kaufman's Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Yes, yes, we all do the image of Sutherland pointing for laughs. But boy is that flick great at setting a mood, building the tension, the wonderful score and that fucking cast especially Sutherland. You really root for the guy to one-up the pod-people but as smart and well-connected as he is...he's just one man.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That fucking dogthing...

I mean sure, they did the same thing with a horse head and a dog body in much more recent film, but that thing was straight out of my worst late-night spicy chicken sandwich-bred nightmares.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Goonies.

Yep, still dig it.

Still have shitty taste.

Comment

• SCREAM ROB-ULA SCREAM
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still fucking wish I would have found a goddamn pirate map in my attic as a kid. Instead I found a medical book with sexual diagrams in the basement.

My life could have been so much different.

Comment

Working...
                                X